Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
We stayed in La Pineda last summer in the hotel La Hacienda which is 4*. Lovely clean hotel, fabulous food and has an indoor and outdoor pool. The resort is only a 10 min bus ride from Salou but is much quieter. I travelled with hubby and 2 children (8 and 4) and there was enough to keep us entertained. La Pineda also has the waterpark and dolphin show. I booked my flights with Ryanair and the hotel through findrooms.com and had no problems at all. Hopethis helps
nodocoe, sorry to hear about your mum's leg break. We stay 95 miles from Reus every year and hire a car. It takes 1.5 hours down the A7 toll road and believe me is a far more pleasant journey than any transfer coach believe me. The resort is a very quiet one called Alcossebre on the Costa Azahar. I would have no qualms in going on a 4/5 day break but is maybe just a little far out for a first timer. Perhaps, research on the net. Type in Las fuentes harbour on Google Images and you will see what I mean.

Incidentally, why not book cheap flights and still go to Sa Coma. Again, we have been many times on a direct basis to the Vista Badia. It is superb and you can book per night rather than a full week. Check on the internet for the phone number, all the reception staff speak fluent English, Wendy is from Bristol and has been in Sa Coma for 29 years and they can even arrange airport transfers as well. Once again, I wouldn't have a problem booking this for a 4 or 5 day break.

Whatever you decide have a great holiday and the very best wished to your mum for a speedy recovery.
Hi.nodocno,
Sorry to hear about you Mums misfortune, I also recommend La Pineda, nice resort and quieter than Salou; although Salou itself is not the really boisterous type of place you find in other parts of Spain. You don`t say whether you want hotel or self catering, but if it`s the latter; I can highly recommend Pineda Park apartments, these are lovely & clean very spacious apartments. Hope you find what your looking for and have a great time.
Regards Brigger :D
You can read resort reports for La Pineda

We have reviews for the Pineda Park Apartments and the Gran Hotel La Hacienda

Pippy :D
Hi,

have a look at Cambrials, we stayed in the old part of Salou last year and thought it was quiet but also went to Cambrials which we thought was fantastic.

rob 8)
I would also recommend La Pineda. The Hotel Donnaire Park is right on a beautiful beach with a small water park nearby. I see you are considering booking ryanair flights well you can book the Hotel only the accommodation page of Thomsons website. I found they were the cheapest last year. Hope this helps. Karen
Sorry duplicate post
  • Edited by mrnkar 2006-05-03 21:04:23
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.