Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
It's funny that you should mention this Sandie because my in-laws who live near Murcia had a day trip to Beni yesterday and were last there in early June for 4 days.
When we rang them last night to see how their day had been they said exactly the same thing, that Beni was quiet and that it was busier on their prevoius visit. I put it down to the fact that it was only a day trip and that all the youngsters were perhaps sleeping off their hangovers and would venture out later in the day.

Sue :)
Quiet :shock: :lol: i was there 4th-11th july and i thought it was heaving, but it was my 1st time and i dont know any different :lol:

Loulou
wow really weird this, because I have been twice a year since 1999, and a friend of my girlfriends, who go every summer, said that it was quieter than normal this year. I have just returned 5 days ago, and I thought exactly the same. The square was much quieter on a night than it normally is at peak time.
I think it gets quieter every time I go there. Let's face it, it's just not the cheap holiday it used to be. My mate just came back from Varna in Bulgaria and says you can get a lager for 10p in some places :shock: , now that's more like Beni used to be before the euro. I'll still be going to Benidorm again though, there's something about the phrase "local entertainment" that sends a shiver down my spine :lol:
Prices in Benidorm did tend to shoot up after the introduction of the Euro.
We thought that too BHIC.
Our first visit was Peseta's and we found it really cheap but the following year was Euro's and we spent nearly 1/3 more than the previous year!
When we were there in June I thought it was quieter than previous years.
When it was the Peseta all the kiddies rides were 100 which was, correct me if I'm wrong but around 40p or around that figure assuming that you were getting about 250 to the pound and then over night they went to 1 euro, around 70p, almost double.

I think that on the whole though Benidorm is still quite good value for money as far as food and drink go although I do think that some of the cabaret bars are very expensive

It's best not to dwell on the drinks prices in the cabaret bars, compared to admission prices to see similar acts in this country it's peanuts :) I am a tight sod at the best of times and was letting it ruin my night one time when I had what I think drunks call a "moment of clarity", and realised that compared to what I'd spent on planes, accomodation, taxis etc etc, to let being ripped of by a few quid on drinks prices mess up my holiday was just plain silly. Since that day it's never worried me :wink:
i love benidorm but you have to be realistic its no longer a cheap holiday the euro is killing spain folk are looking elsewhere bulgaria turkey and even futher afield i am going to cuba all inclusive and its not costing much more than its costing to benidorm in september my advice is make the most of benidorm now :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hi all,
I might be wide of the mark on this one, but it has occured to me that the ban on smoking in hotels might be the reason in part for a reduction of visitors to Benidorm.

We only venture to Benidorm in the winter months and noticed how empty our hotel was in the bar of an evening. They'd even stopped selling newspapers in the reception of a morning because the smokers after breakfast would always buy their daily newspapers and sit reading them whilst having a smoke in the lobby. Us both being non-smokers enjoyed the smoke free atmosphere, but it's worrying for the hotels. Especially the employment of waiters. No customers = no job.

Also of course we are enjoying an unprecedented summer, until this last week.
I might be wide of the mark on this one, but it has occured to me that the ban on smoking in hotels might be the reason in part for a reduction of visitors to Benidorm.

A very valid point Mistermagoo.

Did we not have a posting last year stating how Benidorm was dying a death. Almost all of the regulars down my local, who holiday abroad, are going or have been to Benidorm this year myself included. Some people I know have already been more than once we all love the place and think that it`s still great value for money. The world cup may have dented the early summer bookings but be honest can any of us not afford Benidorm. We spend most of our nights in the Old Town and find that it is a bit cheaper and a better atmosphere but we still venture into the New Town to take in some of the acts and visit our old haunts still paying around a Euro for a pint( without the cabaret). So what if you pay a bit more for a drink to listen to a decent singer or comedy act ,I can still remember going to Blackpool years ago and paying through the nose for everything and staying in some awful B&Bs . Many of the dearer bars in Benidorm are British run and to be honest when you see the price of a bottle of spirits in the shops they are on a get rich quick scheme. One bar we visited last year actually had optics and we payed more than we do back home for a round of drinks, no entertainment , we just give these places a wide berth now and put the word round. Rip off Britain abroad.
I love Benidorm and its still reasonable priced compared to what freinds of mine have paid in majorca,ibiza and salou.But bulgaria is what benidorm used to be like,we are going back next year
have just got back today will post report when i have recoverd but i thought it was busy and CHEAP THE CHEAPEST RESORT I HAVE BEEN TO. found 2pubs that you could get a pint of larger for 1euro also a full english breki for 2.75 euros and that was for 2 bacon,2eggs,2sausage,tomatos mushrooms tea and toast. in fact if you keep out of the big bars most things was cheap i will deff be going back

the fatboy :D :D :D
fatboy

off in 2 weeks to beni, which bars where u paying a 1E a pint in?

ta :P
There are places scattered throughout the town where you can get a pint for a euro. A lot of the other bars have two for one "happy hours" so if you order a half you get two and get a pint for a euro that way. I find I can't drink much of the nasty draft stuff and go onto Mahou at about 1.50 euros a bottle.
THERE are a few round about home from home does 1euro a pint all day there was also a little spanish bar we whent to called costa cafe 2. and during the day wheeltappers&shuntters does a pint for 80cents at night we got a good pint of san miguel at pub los arcos next to presedentie hotel for 1.40 euros. have a look about there is a few the cheaper bars are the ones with no entitaniment
The Hoxton Pub facing the Regente do a pint for a euro.

the britannia bar must be about 1 euro a pint , well it was the last time i fell out it :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.