Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Liz try cruise1st found their prices to be very good booked med cruise in Aug on Voyager RCI
and today have booked on Rhapsody of the seas for next march with them RCI,s own site could not
touch them for prices they were so much more, also found them very helpful if you need any info pm me
annx
  • Edited by aarond 2009-04-15 17:51:42
Thanks for reply.

Had a change of Itinery now, seen a Cruise going from Rome visiting, Barcelona, Sicily, Ephesus in Turkey etc it is on Navigator of the Seas so any advice on Rome Hotels flights etc would really help.

Also which is the best airport to fly into for central Rome?

I have had a price for deck 9 inside cabin for £649 each Cruise only, is this a good price? We need 3 cabins for 6 persons.

Regards

Liz
From Liverpool, Ryanair go to Ciampino, which is the airport we used. On arrival, get the Terravision bus into Rome. The stop is next to the main train station (Terminii, or something similar). We selected a 2 star hotel for an overnight before heading straight into station and train to Civitavecchia the following morning. Hotels are expensive and not particularly good, and my advice would be to go for something very close to the Terravision drop-off. The hotel we chose was 150 yards away, was fine and had a decent continental breakfast included. We would choose it again, simply because we know exactly where it is now! Other folks had chosen the 4 star hotel, across the road at the Terravision drop-off, paid a whole lot for it, and said it was the worst they had ever stayed in!

Regarding the cruise price, once you book then keep an eye open on the RCI web-site, and contact them to lock in any price-drops you see along the way to your date. they are the best at honouring these, but the initiative is yours.
Hi liz we have paid £1,800 for inside deck 9 [3per] on Voyager this Aug from Barcelona
so your quote is about right :) hope this helps
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.