Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just back this morning from these apts. Relax as they are built and we only suffered teething problems which should be sorted out in very near future. We were first to stay in our apt and only complaint is it had new build feel and smell. Bit dusty underfoot and new towels all round ... bits of fluff stuck to you. These things will all settle down hopefully. Apts are very nice. Pool and childrens pool are great. Childrens day and early evening entertainment just started day prior to my departure. Drinks and food available on site and very cheap as is everything there. Could rattle on but if any questions let me know and will try to help. Hints and tips can be passed on[/b]
Hi allyt was just wondering was there any pool table there for kids. We are going on the 17th july and have 16,14,13, nd 9 years old coming with us and was wondering would there be any thing for them to do in the complex...Thanks
Hi Allyt just a few questions i know you said the appartments were nice but can you tell me if you had a 2 bedroomed as thats what we have and was wondering what was in there.eg furniture wise and was there a telly?also what was the bedding like and were they comfotable as i do like my homely comforts.also what was the shower room like as on the picture it shows u have to hold the shower which is a bit of a pain especially for my daughter whos has special needs oh well all the info will be greatly appreciated christine :thanks :thanks :fly :yipee :yipee
No there was no pool table there but then the kids club started the day before we left and we were at the opening of the complex so things progressing all the time. Finger crossed for you
Hi Christine 06. Just back too. Beds were comforatable. Just a light quilt. We were in a 1 bedroom apartment and the bed in the bedroom was huge. The sofa bed in the living room area was a double bed. We didn't have to hold the shower it had an attachment on the wall. There was a telly. Don't know what channels they had as ours wasn't tuned in yet. We were out most of the time so we didn't bother to use the telly.

Hi AllyT the opening night was a good night. Free bar all night and buffet was excellent. :wave

Liz
hi liz0 going to sunn village in 5 weeks.can you tell me are there many shops, restaurant ,bars,discos,night clubs close to the sunn village.also what are the prices like for eating out,drinks,clothes,etc can you also tell me how far to the beach
HI, back from sun village yesterday. its about 15 min walk to the beach. If you go out the complex, turn left and walk to the main road, cross and go down the side of the Oasis hotel and follow the road round, thats probably the easiest way. Just watch coming back at night, theres no street lights and can get a bit dark. The main shops are along the beach front and down the main strip. Their big on Von Dutch and Diesel. tops are about 10 levs £3.50.
Lots of bars and restaurants, people will be standing o/s trying to get you in but there not pushy.
Hi Alison55
If you go out the apartments and go left straight along the road you will reach the market area. Great bargains there. In "my opinion" the best restaurant in Sunny Beach is there. Its called Djannys food is "so cheap" and really a excellent meal for 3 including a couple of drinks each was about £10. Approx 25p for a 50ml vodka, around 30p for a pint of lager. We bought loads of clothes in the market for our 18 year old son and 15 year old daughter. My daughter loved shopping there. D&G jeans and Tommy Hilfiger jeans about £12. Perfume £4 for top brands. Lacoste jumpers £8, Diesel jackets £10. I know they are fake but they are just like the real thing or my kids wouldn't wear them. Bought loads of cd's and dvd's tops, belts, perfume and aftershave. Took £600 and brought £150 back, that was eating out and drinks every day for 3, bought so much stuff there that we were worried about the baggage allowance at the airport.
The road down from Djannys takes you straight down to the beach where there are loads of bars and restaurants. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the beach that way too.
I agree with what McPherl says about the road being so dark either take a small torch with you or buy lighters they sell over there with the small torch on it.

Hope you have a great holiday
Liz
thanks liz0 cant wait,my daughter and her friend will have a great time shopping.could you tell me if the sunn village have safety deposit boxes,either in the apartment or at reception.
Don't know if they had safety deposit boxes at reception but we didn't have one in the room. They were still adding equipment to the apartments when we were there so they may put in safety deposit boxes before you go. Tell your daughter and her friend not to take a lot of clothes with them as the will probably want to take a case load of stuff back from Sunny Beach.
no safety deposit boxes in rooms, towards end of hol, some were put in reception but only about a dozen so not enough for every apartment, but things are getting added all the time, so hopefully more arriving all the time
Giong to sun village 18th July for two weeks good to see some people posting items, is there air conditioning in apartments :?:
Hi Steamy

Yes It wasn't on in our apartments when we were there. We were in a one bedroom apartment there was an air conditioning unit in the living room and also one in the bedroom.

Liz
just got back early hours never seen a airport like it so hectic. Apartments were lovely we were changed from one room to another as we had no air-conditioning and you need it as it gets warm. We were in a 2 bedroom apartment with en-suite bathroom no bath though just shower and another bathroom with shower. Most rooms faced the pool but some people faced onto a building site or trees which wasnt a pretty site. The pools were large and clean and fairly warm. The aqua park was just behind the apartments up a dirt track only 5 minute walk away. The only thing i didnt like was walking along a dirt track with no propper lights or pavements and a gypsy camp and the children spoke to you. The apartments do not have a pool table i dont think there would be anywhere to put it or store it. My little girl liked the animation team even though songs are done in bulgarian like the hokey dokey which was a laugh. Wehad nice hot weather through the day but it seemed to rain a lot after six with thunder and lightening. It was so cheap we had breakfast for 5 with 2 rounds of drinks for £8 i actually came back with money and the clothes are fab any questions just ask.
good to hear you had a good holiday staying at the sun village,going in 4 weeks time cant wait.could you tell me if there are safety deposit boxes in apartments or at reception. £8 for breakfast cant believe its that cheap.whats the price of t-shirts,tops,etc
Just wondering can you get a taxi from the resort to the apartments. Dont think I would like walking along a dirt track at night and are we far from the pubs and restaurants.
thanks bernie
no safety deposit boxes in rooms i think they were in reception i took a chance and hid my money in the apartment because i dont think they had enough for hire. A taxi is alaways parked outside the apartment if you want to go anywhere the dirt trak is only 5 minute walk for all your shops and apartments it wouldnt be worth hopping on a taxi and it is quit safe with apartments been built on either side.
Hi, can anyone tell me if the pool is warm or freezing please? :)
if you try to walk in the pool it feels cold but if you jump in it feels ok after 10 seconds all my kids swam in it for ages.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.