Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I would recommend the Lighthouse Apartments. I was there last week they're absolutely fabulous.

There are 7 apartments in total, all 1 bedroom with good size lounge/kitchen area with sofa bed in lounge, well equipped kitchens with nice size balconies big bathrooms, beautifully decorated and furnished - just opened this month.
They also have a lovely pool with sunbeds and of course you're above one of the best restaurants in Icmeler.
Even though the balconies overlook the main road and park area we never had a problem with noise it was lovely to sit up and there and watch the world go by.

They're very reasonably priced and can be booked through Icmeler Travel Centre or Icmeler Online.

I was very impressed and am glad I've booked to stay there when I go back for a fortnight in August.

Mazz
:lol:
I would recommend Club Tokmak near the market. We stayed there last October and its in a nice quiet location but only 5-10 mins walk to the main road into Icmeler. Some shops, bars and restaurants are even closer. A nice new apartment complex with about 30 rooms. The rooms are a decent size and I think they have some 2 bedroom rooms as well. They have large balconies too. Everything is kept very clean and the staff are all very friendly. I think its the only apartments in Icmeler with a lift !
You could have a look for yourself on their website http://www.clubtokmak.com

I'm not sure if you can still book direct but it can be booked through Thomsons.

Brian
Palm Garden Apartments have excellent reviews. First Choice go there.
Laurence
I recomend the Gondol, on the canal, although music is heard till midnight, if you want it a bit quieter, not far from the canal is the Mete apartments, stayed there, 9 apartments nice pool etc :D booked with Thompson, Gondol booked with My Travel :D
I would recommend the Avlu 4 as it is very clean staff perfect just on a side road (very quite) but close to all the bars/ resturants and a short walk to the beach. We are going in 15 days for the 4th time to the Avlu 4.
Any more recomendations folks, I've booked my flight for this October, have not yet decided on which appartments - plan to do so over this weekend.
Cheers
I would recomend the Ece apartments, we have stayed here for the last 2 years and will be going back for 2 weeks this august, they are on the outskirts of old village and new part, they are family owned and run have a great swimming pool, a fab bar and resturaunt, if you want to book or get in touch with them, the e mail is eceapart1@hotmail .com they are brilliant. johnboy.
Tuncay :D spectacular views, huge balconies, lovely pool area. Only 7 of them (I think) so not crowded.
Have to agree Lesley, just stayed at the Tuncay. Loved it.
Good for you Sandyglen :D amazing balconies you can sit in the sun or shade all day. Never seen balconies like them. The views must be the best in Icmeler.
Yes Lesley, ours had the sun on the front in the morning and on the side one in the afternoon. Unusual for Turkey to have balconies like that.

Missing Mustafa bringing my afternoon tea. Mustafa's daughter is having a baby in July.
Thank you every one can't wait to check them out, Happy hols, Joan
I would agree with everything that Mazz has reported about the apartments above the Lighthouse, we are just back (2hours) from yet another great holiday in Icmeler. Even the pool has a shallow end. We didn't stay there, but we did visit them.
Hi joan.pw, If you are a family then you won't do better than Babadan Apartments for location and ease of access to Icmeler centre. Read up on the Babadan Apartments Discussion !! Good luck in your quest.
Hi there

I guess it all depends on what it is you are looking for when you are looking for an apartment.

We stayed in the devamli, which is at the top of the canal...where the sports bar is. I would definitely reccommend this one....the rooms are basic..which is pretty normal there isn't it? but clean. the restaurant is great (the loveboat) and the sportsbar is great fun...all staff are very friendly. The pool is small and I have to admit there are few sunbeds and most are on a seperate level, but it worked to our favour because everyone seemed to go to the beach instead! We basically had the pool to ourselves which was great.
The best thing about the devamli is it's location - you can't beat it. So close to everything but we still were not bothered by the noise at night.
i ve stayed in quite a few palm garden new last year ali owner nice just around corner from all shops :wink:

grand aquarium very clean and good entertainment at the back of resort
one of the best s/c apartments :lol:

club tokmak new for last year mustafa/sarah nice couple good clean apartments very close to weekly outdoor market :shock:
I have to agree with Johnboy, ece apartments absolute must, very clean and friendly, we have been for last 5 years along with 4 other families and am now doing the countdown for this year (3 weeks and 3 days). I would highly recommend these apartments, I also chat regular to owner via MSN on eceapart1@hotmail.com.

Word of advice, just take english money and change when over there (if you need to), just about everywhere will accept english currency, but if you feel it necessary to change money you will get a better rate their.

Hope this helps

PS. TRy http://www.icmeleronline.com
Mine would definatly be the Blue Rainbow, B/B, fantastic location and brilliant staff. Great deals with John at ICR. Happy hols Anna xxxxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.