Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I can recommend the Vangelis aparthotel , stayed there 2 years ago with kids at similar ages . Lovely pool with separate area for games etc.Entertainment and activities there but not rammed down your throat.Mostly brits but not entirely.Lovely apartment just set back from main street but close enough to loads of resteraubnts and bars and a couple of minutes from the beach.
Indoor pool and launderette.
Owned by Aquasol hotels so you can book directly with them.
we had a great holiday there, hope this helps.
hi all

marlita beach hotel & appts, its so good i'm back there in 4 weeks

cheers

gazz
Never stayed there but if I was going SC I would consider going to Rising Star apartments.I would get a price from Direct Holidays as well as the usually do free children.
http://www.yiannamarie.com/rising_star.htm
just to let you know

managed to book a package holiday with going places to the vangelis aparthotel for 2 weeks next aug 07

cost us £1995 self catering ( 2 adults , 2 kids) and thats flying from leeds

really wanted rising star but couldnt justify paying £300+ more

read a few conflicting reports about this hotel so ill be egearly awaiting any new reports

many thanks to all posters on this forum- makes it a lot easier in choosing acommodation
we got tropical dreams £1560 booked with coop travelcare 30th august for 5 of us flying from humberside, we leave in 12 days :yipee
we got the brilliant apartmens for £1818 for aug 07
3 adults and 1 child and thats for 2 weeks self catering
forgot to say for 2 weeks, think we got a bargain 8)
some good prices there

think mine was a little more cos i wanted to fly from leeds ( 15 mins from house :wink: )
humberside airport 10 miles away from us :D
Hi reliable65,

Ive stayed in the Vangelis, rooms are nice but the apartments are split into 4 blocks and if you get the ones near the road it can be noisy. In my opinion look no further than the Lantiana gardens, its only got 70 rooms very child friendly set back behind alva apartments down at the fig tree end of the strip. The rising star is ok but A/c is extra and can add up also fig tree bay is about a 15 minute walk away just past the lantiana is a childs amusement area so not far to go. Ive stayed in 7 different hotels over the years and i will go back to the lantiana. I have a friend who has just come back from the constantinious the great and he said food was not that good and at weekends the hotel is open to anyone so it is full of locals.
iallen thanks for all advice

Will take a look in the Lantiana gardens when we go

Went to the Thallasaki Village ( we were told that the Vangelis is part of the same firm) in Ayia Napa 2 years ago and really enjoyed that

went to albeferia this year and to be honest not a patch on Cyprus

Only Cyprus from now on for us !!!!
Hi Reliable65,

Im off to Kafelonia on tuesday morning, im having a change from cyprus. But one things for sure everyone who goes seems to return. I will go to protaras in 2007. I loved all my 7 straight years in protaras, but feel the need to try pastures new this year.
Sunrise Beach Hotel and Capo Bay Beach Hotel. Both a bit pricey.

Vrissiana Beach Hotel, reception area a little run down, otherwise ok, is cheaper.

Silver Sands Beach Hotel is a good 3-star.

For friendly family run apartment in the centre overlooking the sea, try Happy Days.

http://home.clara.net/heureka/sunrise/protaras.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.