Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
this is probably the closest hotel to the park, we stooped a year or so ago and was not impressed, more recent reviews look better, but it is still a fair old walk but you could get the road train thingy in the summer

wizard
now found my map of salou.. other hotels close by are
H10 salauris palace 4 star
vil-la romana 4 star
belverdere 3 star
california garden 3 star
dorada palace [ apartments] 4 star

wizard
Hi Jammie

When I was trying to book one of the theme park hotels (EL Paso) indepenently I seemed to get quite a good price from wintersunshineholidays. The good thing about the El Paso over the other two is that you can get a family of 4 into one room fairly easily, so that keeps the costs down.

In the end I got a better deal through eclipsedirect, but I wanted 7 days I dont think they will be any good for 3 nights.

Regarding other hotels that are closeish you can see the vil-la romana when you stand at the entrance of the El Paso, but I would say most of them are a 20 min walk from the parc.

Good Luck
dorada palace is a nice hotel and in walking distance to the park (uphill).
salauris palace is 10-15 mins walk straight up the road. the land train can take you there(stops outside the hotel) and you can catch it for the return to the hotel.
Stayed in Salou a couple of years ago, near Port Aventura, ended up spending nearly all week there. Kids loved it, one of their favourite theme parks to date - would highly recommend it and thinking of going back shortly!
the calypso is a very popular hotel and having stayed there a few times myself i would not hesitate to recomend it to others it is close to all shops and bars also 5 minutes from port aventura in a taxi..... 8)
Calypso reviews HERE

Pippy :D
Hi Jammie - We have also just received our annual Tussards pass :D I have previously stayed at the El Paso, but as we have the pass this time, have booked the Vil.la Romana with Freedom Direct (also try Travel Republic) as it is one of the closest to the park if you are not staying in a theme park hotel.

Hope you have a great time :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.