Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Olu Deniz and Icmeler are reasonable and tasteful.

Gumbet and Marmaris are fun on a Budget!

Take your pick.
Hi
......well they could look at the Bodrum Peninsula. Turgutreis, Gumbet or Ortakent would be fine for them. Beaches, lovely little bars and well priced eateries, friendly people and an excellent transport system to get from one place to another.

End of August will be hot.................(you don't say) but plenty of sunbeds on the beaches with parasols for hire at very reasonable rates, and a cool breeze.

Why not consider a 3* all inclusive hotel, which will be basic, but, they will be able to have some meals there, and know they can get a drink or 4 before they go onto a nightclub etc, which may save them some pennies. Also, some activities will be included in the price, and some of the AI hotels are similar priced to some of the B&B's.....

I can recommend hotels but, you need to sort your destination out first, once you have done that, then come back, and ask as many questions as you like, everyone will try to help.

Take care
Gumbet may be a good choice for them. There are some decent good value b&b hotels and apartments there. I would be wary of booking a very cheap AI hotel though as they don't always have a very good reputation and the food is often poor quality, basically if you are paying rock bottom prices you have to realise you will only get what you pay for.

Let me know if they fancy Gumbet and I ill suggest some accomodation.

Kedi
Hi

I would recommend SIDE the Beach House Hotel this is a small and very friendly place. It is owned by Australian Lady and a Turkish Gentleman who will help you in what ever way they can,without being in your face. All rooms are mainly sea views and the beach is about 10 paces. If you want the shops bars restaurant your in it,but without the noise. If you want to look around a amphitheatre that's about 5 mins away. Also you can watch loggerhead turtles from the shore(5 mins).View the area out on google earth also youtube.This area suits most age groups
I love the Beach House Hotel in Side but I wouldnt recommend it to a young couple who are students.
Have a look at the Parkim Ayaz in Gumbet as its a lovely hotel with plenty of facilities and although its a HB hotel the food is excellent.
The beach is shingle but there are plenty of sunbeds ,hammocks and swinging seats.
Its sold by Thomas Cook.
I think lot of facilities are fine if you are planning to stay in the hotel alot. But there is so much to see and do in SIDE you would not what to stay in your hotel. I personally think it suits young and the not so young
I agree about Side but the OP is requesting a resort with night life and a beach for 2 young students.
Side is more expensive than other resorts and the students will be on a budget so thats why I recommended Gumbet which certainly has plenty of night life suitable for 2 young people.
I have to agree, Gumbet sounds just what they're looking for. Loads of places for eating and drinking - to suit all budgets.

JAK xx
I think Parkim Ayaz would be a great choice hotel as it is right on the beach and also right in the centre of the resort, I have seen some very good deals there and being HB they wouldn't have to spend too much on food unless they facnied eating somewhere else for a change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.