EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi,

I can give you the name of my lawyer who is superb. I have worked in the Costa del Sol for four years now, buying property for my own company and this is the third lawyer I have used!!!

The first one was Spanish and very nice but I am afraid cost us alot of money, the second was English and thought they could just rip us off so lasted a very short time. So we finally found this gentleman who is the best by a long shot. For example, if we find something to buy we leave a deposit with him and not an agent. Then he checks all the legal issues and that everything is in order prior to us commencing with the purchase. The first lawyer I have come across who does this. He is also one of the few lawyers on the coast who have manged to recover debt from a very large, corrupt constructor in this region which was worth gold dust itself.

If you would like to contact him by email let me know and I will forward his name to you.
Firstly, no one should ever give a deposit to an agent! Always go through a recommended lawyer.

I have an excellent lawyer who is based in Velez-Malaga. We have now bought 3 houses, and sold two using him and have had no problems whatsoever. He is very well respected in the area and speaks fluent English. If you want his details send me a PM.

There is an excellent, well established estate agent in Nerja, Savoy.The owner, Santiago is also very well respected and his family have lived in the area for many years. (many agents come and go, particularly during the summer). We bought our house through him. It was actually owned by his business partner and we couldn't have dealt with nicer people. They did a lot of work to the house and garden before we bought it, that we weren't expecting. They even gave us a key 3 weeks before completion so we could clean and water the plants! I would certainly suggest starting with them.

There is also an agent at Caleta, near Torre del Mar who has a good reputation. I can't remember the name, but I'll have a look and get back to you with it.

You have chosen a lovely area to move to. We came here nearly 3 years ago, first living in Nerja for 6 months and now living mid way between there and Torre, and we just love it. Do let me know if I can be of any help and good luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.