Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Albufeira sounds like what you want, The Strip is young and lively, can be a little bit "uncovered" but not too bad, the Old Town has plenty of nice bars and restaurants and is very pleasant, but still lively enough.

Apartments a-plenty, and within walking distance of both the Strip and the Old Town, Paraiso is fairly central, but there are also lots of private apartments and villas available too. browse around the forum, there are quite a few links to forum users apartments so you can take a look.

Good luck!
Thanks for your advice - I'll have a look! :D
Roadie Girl,

You're requirements pretty much match what me and my girlfriend look for in a holiday. Somewhere lively with plenty going on but not a a typical 18-30 style resort which Kos and Laganas are. We also like to be far enough away from the centre to get a good nights sleep!

We went to Albufeira last year, staying in the old town and would thoroughly recommend it. Having spent nights out both in the old town and on the strip I definately think the old town would be more suitable. It still has loads going on - plenty of bars and good quality restaurants - but is a slightly older crowd. Its got much more character too. And you can easily get to the strip if you fancy a change.

Another option would be Ayia Napa in Cyprus. Personally this is my favourite holiday destination and is completely different from the resort many believe it to be. As this is the Portugal forum I won't go into detail but don't think you'd be disappointed with either Albufeira or Ayia Napa.

Steve
Thank you for your response! We have finally decided to stay in Skiathos. Holiday booked with 10 weeks to go!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply :)
Maybe next year then, have a good time and don't get burnt!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.