Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hello Big Red - thank you for your quick reply - it was good to hear from you and that you have been to this resort a few times. We are staying at the Riu Hotel Club Tropicana - have never stayed there before but like the Riu chain and the fact that it is a "bungalow" complex and not just a hotel.

I have e-mailed Janerbus for a quote (there are just two of us) and they have sent back with 64euros for a "private direct transfer" - not sure what that means - is it a taxi or shuttle bus? Still if the bus is going to take so long it could be 64euros well spent!

Any tips on things to do in Calas would be much appreciated - have done loads of research on the web and it looks right up our street especially as it is quiet and away from Magaluff.

Many thanks.
Janerbus use private taxis or mini bus depending on size of your party for your use only no sharing no waiting around. Many years since I was at Calas, fond memories tho CBG
does anyone know the cheapest way to get from the airport to cala egos next to cala d'or, I hired a car this year but only going for a week so dont really wanna hire a car. any bus services??

cheers
laura :tup
does anyone know the cheapest way to get from the airport to cala egos and return... looked at a few shuttle costing approx £60 does anyone know how long this takes?? or is it better just hiring a car for £90, returning next year to same place hired a car this year but was there for 2 weeks only going for one next year.

thanks
laura
Its quite easy to get a quote from Resorthopper. Son uses them a lot as do friends, very reasonable, punctual and friendly. :tup
We were £39.63 for resorthoppa to Cala D'or.Tried phoning them the day before departure to confirm pick up time but line went dead both times.Used the internet 1 euro for 20 mins and confirmed that way.
is it possible to catch a bus from the airport to alcudia staying at the bellevue, ive priced up transfer companys and they seem to be around £22 each there will be 2 of us so a taxi would be a bit expensive.
Hi Ya Nutty,

It is not possible to get a bus direct from the airport to Alcudia, you would have to catch the no 1 EMT bus to the Plaza Espana and walk approx 200 yds to the bus station. But then it all depends on your landing times as to whether there would be a bus. There are plenty of buses the last 21:00 hrs the journey takes an hour from Palma.

dave :(
so how much would a taxi cost to alcudia if its arond the £20 mark it prob would be better to go that way as transfers are £22
A rough estimate is about 78€ each way with a local taxi .

Dave :(
majorca08 wrote:
Its quite easy to get a quote from Resorthopper. Son uses them a lot as do friends, very reasonable, punctual and friendly. :tup

We are going to Arenal and we got a quote from Janerbus at almost a quarter of the resorthopper price AND it's a private transfer
Has anyone contacted Janerbus in the last fortnight for a quote?

My dad filled in the online form and got a reply asking for his details (flight arrival, address etc) he sent this back beginning of last week but as yet has had no confirmation back. He has also emailed Eva on two seperate occasions since then to enquire and still no reply.

When I made my booking a couple months ago I got emails back the same day.

My dad is worrying about this trip enough as it is so I do hope there are not going to be any problems with Janerbus, especially cos we are meant to be using them 2 weeks after my dad, although like I said previously we do have a confirmation number from them.

Thanks
katy & her worried dad!
Hi Katy,

I emailed Eva last friday to confirm our pick up twice, but both times it was returned to me, I think they have had a problem with their server. I emailed again on saturday & Eva replied on sunday.

If I were you I would fill out another quote form & send it off, it could be that the 1st one didn't reach her, she is always very good at replying.

Let us know how it goes.

Deb.
Thanks for the reply Deb.

I've told him to email Eva again or to just redo the online form. Waiting to hear back from him now as to what he's done.

Like you say probably a server problem as Eva is always good at replying, so it does seem strange that he's not heard anything.

Will keep you posted.

Katy
katycymru wrote:
Has anyone contacted Janerbus in the last fortnight for a quote?

Thanks
katy & her worried dad!

I emailed them 2 days ago to confirm we would be arriving on FRIDAY :D :D and got a return mail within 2 hours and at 18:36 our time

bus@janerbus.com

is the email I used
Thats a coincidence, we are also arriving friday! Early morning.

Sorry :offtop
debdon wrote:
Thats a coincidence, we are also arriving friday! Early morning.

Sorry :offtop

We fly in at luchtime will be totally relaxed by 4pm in the Sportsmans Bar in Arenal
Sounds good to me, will drink a toast to you at 4 then, in Palmanova.

Hope you get a response from Janerbus Katy, sooner rather than later.

I wish us all great holidays. :sun2 .

Deb.
Hmmm, the plot thickens. Dad filled out the online quote form again earlier today and at 2036 this evening still had no reply.

Think he may have to call them. They depart on 17th.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.