Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Galore,

Try these just to find out how much it would cost as a matter of interest

http://www.majorca-airport-transfers.com/taxi.asp?location=28&people=2

http://www.resorthoppa.com/

http://www.alpharooms.com/searchtransfers.aspx

We used janerbus last year & we were delayed for 6 hours at Gatwick, they were still there waiting for us.

Also going twice this year & will definately book them again. Good luck.

Deb.
Thanks again for you help. I'm going to ask for any views on the hotel we're thinking of booking.
You are more than welcome galare, hope I helped in some way.

Good luck with whatever transfer you decide on, & overall have a great holiday.

Deb. :sun2
Hi, does anyone know if this taxi company is still operating? I have e-mailed them twice now for a quote and still not had a reply.
Hi,

Yes they are still operating, did you find them on http://www.janerbus.com as another poster has just had a quote from them

Deb.
I have sent them 2 e-mails via their website but had no reply, will try again in a few weeks.
Does anyone know if its easy to get taxis to transfer you to Magaluf outside Palma airport?

Me and my friend are going for a long weekend in June land at 7pm.

Your help would be really appreciated!!
Hi t1ff4n1 ,

Yes, there are always loads of taxi's just outside the terminal.

Deb.
Is the email address you are trying:

bus@janerbus.com

If so it should be working okay - I sent an email to Eva this week and had a very fast response - 210 euro return for the 5 of us from PMI to Cala Bona in May.

We used them in 2006 and will be using them again this year - couldn't fault the service. Our flight was on time but one of our suitcases didn't appear till almost an hour after the others and we were panicking but our driver was sat waiting for us.
Hi, I have finally had a response,I agree they are very reliable, but they have put their prices up a bit this year but there again everything goes up in price so will still most lilkely use them .
Yes, our quote is up on 2006's price but then that's the norm with most places. I sent off a load of emails yesterday to various companies offering transfers and I'm waiting for a reply from them but here is what I've found so far. Prices are based on 5 passengers from Palma to Cala Bona & return journey:

1. Janerbus €210 = £156.62 GBP
2. MCA TRavel (use Autocares Levante) €207.58 = £154.82 GBP
3. Travel Republic (shuttle transfer) £88 GBP
4. Transferstore (shuttle) £112.78 GBP
5. ATS (Easyjet - Shuttle Direct) £255.10 GBP
6. Balaeric Transfers £200 GBP
7. Roigbus €115 each way = €230 = £171.54
8. Autocares Levante €102 each way = €204 = £152.10

(based on exchange rate of £1 = €1.34)

I will add other quotes onto this as I get them - must admit for £88 both ways I am very tempted to try out Travel Republic's shuttle transfer as it's almost £70 cheaper than Janerbus. If anyone has had any experience of Travel Republic's transfers I'd love to hear your experiences.
Hi, i am off to cala millor in august for 9 nights, there will be 5 of us, not sure which option to take regarding transfers. I think it might be cheaper to hire a car for the holiday even if we do not use it every day. Priced various deals why do the prices vary so much? Any recommendations ? The travel republic deal sounds very cheap, would it be just your own party on the shuttle. Please let me know if this is so, thanks sue.
bamburghsue,

If you book a shuttle, you will be with other people going to different hotels and different resorts and it could take you quite a while to get to yours. I know for a fact cos I worked in Mallorca for over 20 years, and i actually worked for Majorca Airport Transfers last summer. They are very good, and the drivers very friendly. If your flight happens to be delayed don't worry, cos they check on their flight arrivals and re-schedule a driver for when you arrive.
bamburghsue

The shuttle service will without doubt mean you end up sharing at least one way with other peeps but for the price difference it might be worth trying - I'm unsure at the moment as I'm not sure how it works for the return journey but I'm going to ring Travel Republic this week and try and get some answers.

With regard to Majorca Airport Transfers - the cheapest option for 5+ passengers is €135 EACH WAY which makes it €60 more expensive the Janerbus who's drivers are also friendly and they will still be there even if your flight is delayed (or luggage in our case) - you'll see lots of recommendations on this particular topic for Janerbus - we've used them and couldn't fault them. We've also used Autocares Levante (booked via MCA Travel but you can book direct for slightly cheaper price) who were also very good.

Janerbus - you don't pay till you get to your accomodation, same with Autocares Levante altho' with Autocares Levante we had to pay a small amount for our return journey at the same time (a retainer I guess to make sure they weren't coming back for nothing). Janerbus we paid for the return leg when we got to the airport.
hi tisonlymoi thanks for the info. i think we are going to hire a car at least if we need to go on any trips we can use it. keep me posted with regards to travel republic.
Hi,

I don't know of them, we always use http://www.janerbus.com but there is normally more than 2 of us. You also pay the driver on arrival.

Deb.
Hi there, you will get a taxi no bother just outside the arrivals, a taxi to magaluf will cost you 30 to 35 euros. it takes approx 20 minutes drive from the airport. hope this helps
janet
Why don`t you get the local bus for about 4 euros each?
Well we were thinking of using Travel Republic for the shuttle transfer BUT I read a post of Glynis (HT Mod) and her friend used them and it was Resorthoppa TR use for the shuttle service and they had a 3 hour transfer from airport to accomodation so we're sticking with Janerbus as at least they can be trusted to turn up on time and we don't have to go all around the houses.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.