Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Sounds Great. How do we book the trips you mention. we come out regularly to Kalives in western Crete and would be interested in booking a trip. ;-)
Hi John, Thanks for your enquiry. You can contact me on *** tel no removed****** or let me have your details and I will get in touch with you. When are you coming over again? Julia

telephone number removed please use the PM facility or pref post in this thread as the information may be of use to other members..wizard
Hi Julia
:think We have been observing a pair of big buzzard type birds from our holiday villa in western Crete, (Aspro, near Almyrida). They have been nesting there for the past 3 years, but we have been unable to photograph or identify properly, have you any ideas as to which species this could possibly be?
Also, Is there otters in Crete? We saw 2 animals playing chase on our wall and through the bushes, It was late at night so we couldn't see properly, But I thought they were otters!
Thanks Ruth
Hi Ruth, There are many birds of prey on Crete, including the very rare and precious Golden Eagles. If you could draw an outline of the bird in flight I might be able to identify it for you. A rough drawing is all I need. As far as I know there are no otters on Crete, what you probably saw were Beech martens. They are about the same size as an otter but have a bushier tale. They are quite common on Crete. They make a funny chirruping squeak and very often steal ripe grapes. Often I find their paw marks on my car in the mornings and they have been known to chew the soft top on my jeep. Can I take this opportunity to ask anyone interested in conservation on Crete to sign the petition against the development on the Sidero Peninsula. You can find details on my website. Just put Flowers of Crete into the search engines and ignore the American florists. Might take a couple of days to get the link operational again. Thanks for your enquiry, Ruth :-) Julia
Please do a google search for Flowers of Crete to contact me. Julia
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.