Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Best not go there then by the look of it.

Dave
Isnt it part of Malta Bargains own hotels on par with the Palm Court(think its just round the corner from the Palm Court as well).
It is part of the Maltabargains package. Remember you only get what you pay for! It is not expensive or even a moderate price to stay there. It is very cheap and the price reflects the quality. I know someone who stops there every year, he knows what to expect and has no complaints.
Hi jothebookworm,

Don't do it!!!!

I've consistently advised that you only get what you pay for in Malta. We would never ever consider staying at the Reuben/Venus Court, but now you know it's up to you!

Trev
Hi Jothebookworm, are you a solicitor by any chance ?, the reason I ask is that your line of questioning seems overly specific and concise ?.
What annoys me is whoever it is isnt coming back to check original post,then posting exactly the same thing again.
Hi Sliema2 & jojouk,

I never thought of our friend jothebookworm being a solicitor or something like that. Seems a bit creepy to me and I do wonder what his motives for posting are if that's true? He never seems to come back on any of the comments we make. It worries me that the whole ethos of posting on this forum is being undermined and I for one will no longer consider replying to anything this person has to say until I know why he has posted and why he needs to know this information!!

Trev
I seem to have upset a few people with my question and for that I apologise. I did forget that I had already posted my query in Feb and not being too sure who this website worked, I thought replies would be by email, not posted. Please forgive my ignorance and any offence I may have caused, particularly to jojouk, it seems. Let me tell you my reasons for asking and explain a bit about myself.

I am not a solicitor. I am a 37 year old medical secretary who totally loves Malta and have been visiting since 1998. In 2002, through Maltabargains, I booked a weeks last minute break in Sept with my then partner at Reuben Court. The accommodation was pretty basic, but the holiday was cheap, room okay, beds comfortable, and it was quiet, so we had no real complaints. We just escaped everyday to see more of the island and visit my Maltese friend. The few queries that we did have were treated with disdain by the reception staff and it took 3 days to get more bedding than the 1 sheet we had been provided with. Still, no real problem. We were on the 4th floor in the building out the back. The lift broke down on 2-3 occasions. Also on one occasion, the doors shut rather hard on my Partner as we were entering the lift which was a little concerning. We were re-assured to see the lift being attended to on about the 4th day. All was well until the Saturday we vacated. I got into the lift, boyfriend put in luggage and got in himself. Two lads wanted to get in but said they would wait. We got to the ground floor, boyfriend vacated, took out cases. As I went to vacate lift, the lads on 4th floor "called" for the lift, without warning the doors slammed shut on me. My screams bought them down from the 4th floor. I was dragged through to reception as in too much pain to be carried. The force of the accident had shoved my thigh bone up into my pelvis. boyfriend informed reception of accident. Nobody offered to get manager or asked if I was okay. When pushed, they phoned a doctor. We waited for 45 minutes with me in & out of consciousness. At no time did any of the staff ask if there was anything they could do. It was a little boy who gave me a bottle of water. Upshot was, I was taken to St. Philips Hospital, operated on and flew home a week later, in a wheelchair. I was on crutches for 6 months. I was unable to keep my job as I could not drive. I had to rent out my flat and move in with parents as it was on 1st floor. Basically, it turned my life upside down and through no fault of my own I lost my job and my home. 4 years on, I am still trying to get some sort of recompense from Malta Bargains. They have been denying the accident from the start and 4 years on have finally provided so called expert witness statements that are nothing but untrue.
It is not about the money, I am not after huge compensation. But I had an accident at their hotel which caused me great injury, 2 operations, 10" unsightly scar on my leg, lost my job and home and for that I feel they should take some responsibility. They are quite happy to take money off of people & put them in shoddy places but most of us accept it because it is cheap, but when things do go wrong, they should do something about it.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who stayed at Reuben Court around the same sort of time (Sept 2002) or before or after. Anything you can recall about any problems, state of lift, staff attitude may help me greatly.

Sorry this is so long, but I do hope now I have explained myself and soothed whatever feathers I appear to have ruffled.

I promise to check back as often as I can for replies.

Thanks for reading this.
Hi jothebookworm,

Pleased to hear that you love Malta and thanks for your detailed information, which I wish you had mentioned before. I'm sorry that you have had the dreadful experience at the Reuben Court and how it's affected your life and now understand why you asked the questions you did.

I cannot help you because I've never stayed in the Reuben Court, but there may be someone out there who after reading the full facts who might be able to help.

I have to tell you that a few years ago we did travel with Maltabargains and stayed at the Regent Hotel (which doesn't exist now!) in Sliema, and though it was very basic, for what we paid it was OK. However, staying at the Palm Court or the Reuben Court/Venus is another matter!!!

Trev
Hiya Jothebookworm

Im also sorry to hear what happened to you while in Malta.Unfortunately i cant help you with this as i have never stayed there.

You didnt upset me,just annoyed me a little that you didnt come back a little sooner to explain what was going on.At first i thought you were playing games by adding posts,not answering them then adding another post.

I wish i could of been more help to you and hope you do get it sorted out.Hopefully someone else might be able to help you.

Take Care and best of luck :)
Thank you jojouk and Trev for your kind messages and again sorry for annoying you. I know now to check website everyday for replies.

I'm just glad the experience has not put me off Malta because it really is my favourite place.

It has been nice to find this website and chat to other people about Malta.

Chat soon

Jo
Hi Jo

you can set it so you get an e-mail when somebody posts to a thread you have earlier posted on

profile - its towards the top of each page, just under the E111 notice thats in red
preferences
always notify me of replies - yes
I think I've done that now, thanks Mark, cos I'm getting loads of emails now telling me I have replies, makes it so much easier! Boy did I feel a bit daft!

How long have you lived in Gozo and whereabouts? Really felt for you over the golfclub fiasco with those two blokes....

Jo

PS loved the dog
Hi Jo

3 1/2 years now, and in Sannat - thanks for your comments about the golf course "issue" - it will be worth it when its all stopped !

Mark

ps for those who aren't following this as closely as me, just to say the golf course is a side issue - whats more important are the plans to build 50 odd villa, 50 odd bungalows, extend the hotel and build a new 3 story hotel - the cartoon below appeared in The Time on Sunday

http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/print_article.php?id=218217
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.