Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Review site
81 Posts
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the feedback.

The structure of Thailand is as follows - Bankok is a major city so it is listed directly as a resort on the country page. Hence loading the bangkok page just loads all the hotels for that area.

The rest of Thailand is listed under regions with resorts under those. When clicking a region (for example Phuket) all resorts for that region are then listed with the most popular 2 or 3 hotels for the entire region listed on that page. Selecting a particular resort at the top will bring back the entire list of hotels that you are looking for.

We have had some teething issue with structure as most of the site when rebuilt was built right down to each technical location which can include region groups, then regions, then resorts. From the feedback we have received and our own observations it is already on the radar for us to take a look at and make a little more simplistic and user friendly.

Unfortunately we still require some structure as taking out all region groups/regions could just leave a massive page of links in some cases. Spain for example would have hundreds of resort links if they were directly dropped under the country. - I hope this helps to explain!

If you could repost any errors regarding resort locations in the Maps and Images thread i will address as soon as i can as often it isnt quite as simply as dragging and dropping to the right place.

Thanks again,

Steve
Hi Steve
I had remembered I had pmd Phil or Chris about this, and not posted here- and then couldn't find the pm and so I pmd Phil. :oops:
I have had another look at the Thailand pages and can see that my resort suggestions have been added :D I also now can click on a resort and the page does show two or three hotels from the resort. When I did this before, it wouldn't change at all, and all I got was the recently added hotels that are on the main page.
Thanks for all that. I wasnt sure if it was still a work in progress or not so thought it best to post observations just in case. The review site has always been important to me, so I 'm just interested in watching the long needed improvements. :tup
I'm looking ahead to October and summer next year, and in the course of reading reviews, have found lots which don't show the year the review was written ie it says Helen t stayed here in Oct but not what year.
How long does it take for new reviews to go on ?
to be honest, I think new reviews should take priority. If we get new folks to the site and their reviews are written and then not showing for days, its not going to encourage them to remain members. I understand the whole thing has been a massive undertaking and even now things like dates are not showing. And there is probably no end in sight- but the newer reviews, the more important they are IMO.
I've been thinking the same Fiona, Partly motivated by the fact that i recently spent ages writing one but also it now seems more logical to have the up to date stuff on to motivate new membership sign up. Especially as it appears to be such a mamoth task to move the new ones over, and to move them over without thing like the dates going AWOL.

Doe :sun2
Mine went straight on within 24 hours .. Was that because it was a hotel not previously listed I wonder ??

I agree I think the powers that be need to concentrate on getting new reviews approved first.
By the looks of the latest hotel reviews on the front page, there haven't been any new approved for quite a few days. A real pity at a time when new reviews are most likely to be put on the site.
lynwestie wrote:
Mine went straight on within 24 hours .. Was that because it was a hotel not previously listed I wonder ??

I agree I think the powers that be need to concentrate on getting new reviews approved first.

I dont think so Lyn, because mine was a set of apartments at LA Manga that were not listed, infact La Manga is not listed and neither is the Costa Calida so that was why I did it, to get it on the board. I actually did last years one and once that was published intended to do one for the other set of apartments i went to this year.

Maybe all the approvers are on their own holidays ?

Doe :sun2
Have spoken to Phil as I don't have the answer to review queries. The person approving reviews is on holiday, so they'll be done next week.

Hopefully we'll be able to help out soon with approving reviews :tup
I'm not too happy with the year of the reviews no longer being posted. A hotel that I'm interested in visiting has reviews saying that some rooms are being renovated, but without the year of these reviews I have no idea if that is this year or something that was completed years ago. I know I can check on other holiday sites but that defeats the whole idea of HT being my primary holiday review site.
Not sure whether this is the right place - I flagged a review just now, and I wanted to highlight that it was factually inaccurate, but as soon as I flagged it, and confirmed the action, that was it. It may be better if we were able to say why we were reporting a review - is that possible?
oh well- its a sad sign for HT that we only need one person nowadays to approve reviews and no-one can cover when they are off. Not a good time to be ignoring new reviews. We need all the new members we can get and having their first reviews take so long to be approved isn't going to keep them coming.
Hi Doonhammer,

Thanks for pointing that out. When you report a review we take a note of your memberid, so if we can't find whats wrong with it we can PM you. Most of the time its pretty straight forward though :)
The reported reviews button was the first release of it just so we could get all the broken reviews asap. We will be looking to add a box so you can tell us why :)
Cheers, Phil
Hi Fiona,

We arent ignoring new reviews. It just worked out that their wasnt any one around this week with people being away from the office. As Glynis hinted we are going to show her the new system so that she can approve them as well.

We have had some reviews approved but the amount with the amount we are getting it obviously takes time to go through them all. Any recent reviews should be added by Monday/Tuesday with any luck.

Cheers, Phil
Hi Guys,

Too many of you to name personally but we are focussing on new reviews, as they come in they are being vetted based on the date they were submitted, just obviously not this week :). Usual service should be resumed next week.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers, Phil
Fiona wrote:
oh well- its a sad sign for HT that we only need one person nowadays to approve reviews and no-one can cover when they are off. Not a good time to be ignoring new reviews. We need all the new members we can get and having their first reviews take so long to be approved isn't going to keep them coming.

There are currently only three new reviews pending to be approved. Considering the good weather, the olympics and the fact its school holidays we are pretty much on top of it.

Reviews are no longer just read and approved as before, we quality check every review, word by word, this does take a bit longer to do.
Chris wrote:
Fiona wrote:

There are currently only three new reviews pending to be approved. Considering the good weather, the olympics and the fact its school holidays we are pretty much on top of it.

Reviews are no longer just read and approved as before, we quality check every review, word by word, this does take a bit longer to do.

First of all, at the time I was mod and was doing reviews, I can assure you that the reviews were quality checked, word for word. I would assume it continued till the old Ht came to an end.
I'm pleased that the backlog of reviews has now been caught up with. I think Phil must have been busy :)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.