Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
reviews
17 Posts
You should be charged an admin fee of approx £25pp for making a change. Sorry, but the only advice I can give is to read the reviews before booking.

luci :wave
As soon as the confirmation invoice has been raised you have entered into a legal binding contract. Any changes from that on your part and you'll have to pay.

Mark :)
thanks was worth asking if it that bad can always ask for a move when we get there
An option but a risky one. What if there is no other availability?

It may be best to pay a relative little amount now for a change to a hotel you are going to be happy with based on your research rather than risk that the representative will move you and if they can't it spoiling your holiday.

Mark :)
out of interest, what property is it?
............ and the TO might ask for a hefty supplement for the change in hotel ...............
Also keep in mind that often the people who review on tripadvisor and similar are those that post more negative than positive posts and the reviews may not necessarily be balanced. Someone with an unhappy experience or dissatisfaction will often be more inclinded to add a review than someone who has had a good experience.

If you post the name of the hotel you may find some holidaytruth members who have stayed or know the hotel can comment.

As another poster has said, you could pay an amendment fee to change hotel now if booked with a tour operator.

Once in resort, again if booked with a tour operator you should also be able to request a move (subject to availability) for an administration change plus the difference in the cost (if any) between the original and new hotel.

If you have booked DIY or through just a hotel bed bank provider you may not have the same options open as in some cases full cancellation fees may apply if you cancel or amend the hotel. Your holiday confirmation or a review of the terms & conditions of the supplier of the hotel should answer the question.
Once in resort, again if booked with a tour operator you should also be able to request a move (subject to availability) for an administration change plus the difference in the cost (if any) between the original and new hotel.

If the hotel is not up to standard or not as advertised ect then you should not be charged for a move to a different hotel. There is actually a law about charging customers for moving hotels, TO are not allowed to do it, this law played a big part in our law suit which we won. I don't know about this case though because they have got the chance to change now before they go :que
Also keep in mind that often the people who review on tripadvisor and similar are those that post more negative than positive posts and the reviews may not necessarily be balanced. Someone with an unhappy experience or dissatisfaction will often be more inclinded to add a review than someone who has had a good experience.

( Traveller ) Is this not the case with all review sites including this one.
We use tripadviser all the time and find the reviews both good and bad.
By your statement above this may mean the reviews on here are not balanced either.
We receive our fair share of negative and positive reviews. However, Holidaytruths is proud to say that we are totally independent, and not owned in any way by a travel company.

Kath HT Admin
the hotel is the imperial swan thanx for info if anyone has stayed here
I cannot find any bad reviews of this hotel.
Surly you would have researched reviews first before booking.
Surly you would have researched reviews first before booking.

littlebopeeps
You'd be surprised how many people DO actually book before reading reviews, in fact I think that is exactly what the OP did.
It's not really surprising that people book hotels without doing proper research first. In the first place not everyone has the internet or, if they have, are not aware of sites such as this. People go into a Travel Agency or phone up a company on Teletext with a idea of where they fancy going and the price they're prepared to pay, look at a few brochures and take the advice of the agent. If they are doing this whilst in town with their partner on a Saturday morning they want to get it tied up there and then (as does the TA) and it doesn't occur to them to go away and make exhaustive enquiries. Some TAs are excellent and almost mind-readers as to what will suit their customers, but sometimes the right questions aren't asked and people don't get the holiday they wanted.
I just wanted to say that even doing lots of research on here and other sites does not always equal people ending up with the holiday they thought they had booked. I have researched and researched every holiday since finding this site but I still ended up booking 2 dodgy holidays :duh I read the reviews, looked at all aspects but still got it wrong, the first place just wasn't for us, it was horrid. The second dodgy holiday I booked, the ownership of the apartments had changed from the previous year, we were not aware of this and it was a shambles, couldn't wait to get out of there. I guess what I am trying to say is, even after reading and researching there are no guarantees that it will suit you personally, what might be one persons heaven is another persons hell :yikes just my thoughts :think
Chazy ....... you are SOOOOOOO right. Every one is different (thank goodness!!!) I always research and read reviews before booking.Sometimes there are dreadful reviews and sometimes good - hardly ever is there a universally 'good' place but generally I find that if the largest proportion of reviews are good - even though there may be stinkers as well - it is worth a try but if the majority are bad thaen we give it a miss. Have been lucky with this system so far!!!!!
:tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.