Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
As someone who gave up leaving reviews under the previous owners, I can say that the new site is a lot better. It is user friendly and obviously photos make a huge difference. Have a look to see what I mean!
The facility is there also to add your hotel if it's not listed :pele
Well I've done a review, and the mechanics of creating it are quite user friendly. Two small points I noted were that the window into which the review is written, is like a letterbox, only allowing a few lines to be seen at any one time. Is there any particular reason for this? Can the window be bigger, so you can see what you wrote 10 minutes ago without scrolling? ( yes I know all about preparing it in Word and pasting it in, but it should not be necessary). Secondly, I uploaded five images from my IPad and one of them was rotated 90 degrees by this forum compared with its orientation on my iPad. In preview I was unable to rectify this or delete the image and replace it. Finally is there a way to link the review to the photos I uploaded earlier to the media gallery, whilst confining what is seen just to those exact photos. For example would linking to the topic you created ( Sal, Cape Verde) achieve that?
Frank - you are correct the text box needs making bigger so the experience is better. I will sort. Also, I do think that there is bug on the photo rotation, our testers have been working on a test site to find all little bugs like that - but you are right, it is the site.

Re the link, yes you can copy the review URL into the media gallery thread so that the user could view the pics and then be sent to the review. I think that is brilliant.
Further to the writing reviews experience, at the very end of the review writing process, I was asked for any top traveller tips. I mentioned a couple of tips including taking towel clamps for your sunbed. In the published version of the review, this section was missing. Is this a bug?! What's the point of posting these tips if they don't appear in the review??
Frank you do see the top tip - it is here: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cape-verde/sal/

We want people to see them from the list perspective as this then gets the person to look at the top tip and enter the hotel for the reviews.
How odd. It depends how the reader got to the review in the first place. Not all readers use that path, for example my link from the Media Gallery. It's a shame to read all the review and not see that.
I can add it to the review page also - leave with me..

Lance
Sounds good to me, Thanks.
On 13th March 2017 at 04:52pm, Lance Chambers said:
All

HT was born a review site and recently we have made some changes to make the experience a whole lot better (for example you can now add images). Considering that, WE NEED YOUR REVIEWS.

In addition to that, there is a commitment from this end that ALL reviews will be added within 24 hours.

We will be adding further features that give HT a uniqueness but in the meantime please do leave your reviews as they day in day out help all our users.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Best

Lance
On 13th March 2017 at 04:52pm, Lance Chambers said:
All

HT was born a review site and recently we have made some changes to make the experience a whole lot better (for example you can now add images). Considering that, WE NEED YOUR REVIEWS.

In addition to that, there is a commitment from this end that ALL reviews will be added within 24 hours.

We will be adding further features that give HT a uniqueness but in the meantime please do leave your reviews as they day in day out help all our users.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Best

Lance
Exploring the website's stock photo library became a catalyst for innovation and new ideas. I immersed myself in the diverse range of images, embracing the unexpected and pushing the boundaries of my creative thinking. From conceptual peony vector and abstract compositions to avant-garde and experimental visuals, these stock photos inspired me to explore uncharted territories in my designs, resulting in unique and thought-provoking creations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.