Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Reviews
25 Posts
Hi Crispy
Might I sugest you look on, the forum of http://www.icmeleronline.com ,for more info on Icmeler. there are plenty of posts and reviews about properties on there.
Regards
Peli
Why not check out All the Turkey Apartment and Hotel Reviews we recieve everyday here on Holiday Truths just follow that link and you don't even have to leave our site.

Enjoy

Sarah
I've noticed quite a few of the reviews haven't been updated for a while, and am sure people will have stayed there since. I'll add mine of Dermicioglu, actually remembered to type it on word first. They get lost in the general forums

In the early, early years of HT's they used to be added to regularly, but I agree with Sarah people comment in forums and arent updating in the reviews. Wonder if there's a review war lol.

Bev
Cracking review Bev, thanks very much.

Read Bev's review here
I agree with the OP. Folk come on and ask advice and for recommendations but it seems they don't very often come back and put up a review. Ive followed posts in the past thinking I quite like the sound of somewhere someone is going, though I would check out their review when they get back and ziltch. :que

Also folk seem to come on here and then tell people to check out reviews on other websites. I wont bother to name the websites but surely it would be better if they put reviews on here as well if this is the site that has helped them.
I only use 2 sites and I always leave a review.

Its important to pass on the good or the bad, whatever the case may be to fellow forum members.
I have just tried to look for a review on the Istankoy Bodrum Hotel but there is none available on the site. Has anyone got any experience, good or bad, of this hotel? Do you know how far it is from the airport?

It has got lovely reviews on Tripadvisor and seems to be quite cheap as well.
Hi Woody, we have topic running in Help and Assistance for members to post for hotels to be added to our database Here and our mods also trawl the forums and if they see request or mention of accommodation that isn't listed they use that topic to ask a member of admin to add it for them.

I will certainly add the Istankoy Bodrum Hotel to our database for you and hopefully if anyone has stayed they will post a review for us. If not maybe you'll be the first.

Sarah
Thank you for that Sarah. Only found the site this afternoon but already had so much assistance! It would be great if I could supply the first review!
Don't forget us once you've been, we'd love to read your review, wherever you go.

Sarah
Unfortunately this doesn't just happen on the Turkey forum, it happens throughout the site.

There are a couple of topics on hotels I can think of where people have come on here for advice for months before their holiday, yet when they return and are prompted to post a review and/or photos, nothing. It is extremely frustrating as these are the same people who keep referring to reviews on other sites. They obviously can see the benefit of posting a review, but can't be bothered to return the favour.

luci :wave
I absolutley love to leave reviews.... to me its all part of the holiday/or the end of, never had to leave a bad review yet, I rely on peoples views and oppinions of hotels etc... i just hate it when people can simply not be bothered, whats that all about? :que

clare x
Other peoples reviews have in the past prevented me having a disaster of a holiday and ruining my 2 weeks away in the sunshine! Nor would I have found gems like the hemera in Side!Of course there is much more to it than a simple review,what is perfect for one family does not automatically mean it will suit everyone else. That said, the more information the better!

Alistair
Well I am off to the Golmar Beach Hotel in Icmeler next Aug (how many sleeps) :( But I will be sure to leave a good review on my return. I hear your frustrations and it really is not a lot to ask.

Ruth
i always leave reviews and i go on holiday a lot every year, even when no one else has and i have to get a hotel added and i always load photos in the gallery, some of mine are the only photos of certain areas, especially akyaka. its a shame not everyone does this, as it does help members, off to istanbul next month so will do review and take some pics :tup
Sarah, Luci etc is it possible to combine reviews, ie, share any that I have on our site and let you copy them and vice versa or is that against copyright etc? I do run a link to HT and actively promote it on ICR but was just wondering about sharing reviews etc?
No unfortunately Collete it's against copyright, as per the details found at the bottom of the front page.

Kath x
I was late doing my review for our visit to Turkey in august. Finally sat and wrote it last night for our stay in the Karbel at Olu. But they certainly are a great help and I finally got it done lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.