Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Thanks for that. Another quick question, what is there (if anything) in the area just outside the hotel? Anything in Santa Maria worth visiting, or is it just better off staying in the hotel or doing 'official' tours?
Just sand and a main road to the airport outside the hotel. We stayed within hotel, hubby went into Santa Maria one day as the water was too rough to go diving from the beach so they had to launch boat from pier in Santa Maria. He says it was quite basic, two roads with some shops. We did book to do a trip to see local village and also local school but Thomson cancelled it 2 hours before we were due to go when they realised the school was still on Easter holiday !
Hi can anyone pls advise on the cockroach situation at this hotel my wife will die if she sees one,I need this before we book the holiday.
Never saw a coakroach the whole time we were there. There are a few squashed beetles on the paths leading to the rooms/pool/restaurant now and again but these are cicadas (not sure of spelling but those beetles who chirp in the bushes at night) Never had trouble with any mozzies either but I did get bitten a few times on the leg when walking in pools at the beach.
Thank you for your reply,just I had read on another forum that cockroaches were in the rooms.
Never saw a single creepy crawlie in our bedroom, we were on the first floor in block 5 (the one nearest the beach).
Got back yesterday, and we only saw one cockroach throughout the whole week, and that was near the main stage as apposed to in the rooms. No mosquitos either, but plenty of flies! There are a few cats that roam the complex that appear to have flees, and so if you get friendly with them you may expect a few flee bites.

The only 'creature' that we saw near the rooms was a crab, that had parked itself outside somebody's door (either that or somebody put it there for a joke...).
Sounds like a place you need sun cream with insect repellent.Thank you for your reply.
going here in two weeks time. can anyone tell me if you can change english money over there as was going to take both euros and sterling. also can u use a debt card at all. sounds a great place to chill and that is what we want.
i sent a email to hotel and got a nice reply back so hopfuly we can get a good room . he did say he could promise but i live in hope.
Euros are widely accepted, don't know about sterling though. There is facility to change money at Reception. Mastercard not accepted but Visa is. We went in April so presume everything is still the same.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.