Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just to echo GFF, we went to Ashvem for the day and had a look around Rockbite - very nice!
Stayed there overnight in January! Excellent! Chaps were fishing in the sea at sunset with a bottle of Kings! A walk along the beach at sunrise with the dog who is there! Could spend a couple of weeks doing just that!! :cheers
How much are the huts at this place as an average ? thinking of trying it in december for a few nights (not Christmas week). Is it OK just to turn up or is there a contact number beforehand ? also whereabouts is it in Ashvem ? anywhere near Golden Goa shack ? thanks
Rockbite is owned by the same people who run Sea Paradise on Mandrem Beach, really great bunch of people always make you feel so welcome
:) Thanks Gemma, just about recovered from the jet lag now!!
The first time we were there (2000) the Rockbyte was owned by Valentine who started it years ago. He always said that he was only leasing it out temporarily and that he would run it again when the time was right. Valentine lives in the village about 200 yards away on the right as you go to Aranbul. He is the cousin of Patrick and Dennis who run the Sea View next door. Travelingman
oooo where are these places ? I know the area around Golden Goa shack which is near to the lagoon type area of Ashvem beach. I did see some huts along that part of the beach. Are they close to there ?
Hi Sim 1, I do not know where the Golden Goa shack is. But on the headland as you are looking away from Aranbul you will see 3 sets of huts . The first I do not know the name as it has changed hands many times, the second is I think Sunset Beach and the last one is Rockbyte. Hope this helps, travelingman
Stand looking at the sea outside Golden Goa, go round the by the rocks on the left hand side, Rock Bites is there. Stayed there overnight in February. Excellent! Also use Golden Goa, food is brilliant!
Thanks for this. Goangirl I know exactly where you mean. I walked past it last time I was there. Is it OK to just turn up in december or should I book ? probably just want one night but really fancy it.
Don't think you would need to book too much in advance. According to the forum, i think Goa will be pretty quiet next season anyway! :rofl
You wouldn't think so with the [prices the hotels are quoting over Christmas ! Might be a beach hut for the duration at this rate !
No Problem!! Thought of doing it myself! Just couldn't find anywhere to plug my rollers!! :rofl
Hi Goangirl

I read that some guys were having a kings while fishing at ashvem at the Rockbite was that because it was my birthday ?????
:rofl Hallo Darlin's!! And didn't we have a wonderful time there!! All on video :cheers Sending PM!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.