Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Is there any way we could open a 'Book of Gratitude' for Ros?
I've never, thankfully, needed her services but was always conscious of the fact that, should things go 'pear shaped', I had recourse to the assistance of a professional whose reputation carried enough weight to make the travel industry sit up and take notice.
Secondly, I think it would be a suitable gesture to grant Ros honorary lifetime membership of Holidaytruths as a mark of our gratitude and respect.
hope rhos has a happy retirement :cheers ....but she is a great loss....one of the true anchors in the storms and will be hard to replace her contribution to HT ...though never publicaly giving advice....her availability was invaluable....how many times have our posts advised she be contacted.... :think what do we do now....tweetie

ps....we should have a role of honour for people like rhos who have given such valuable support
I think it would be a suitable gesture to grant Ros honorary lifetime membership of Holidaytruths as a mark of our gratitude and respect.

How does that work? Anyone can be a member by registering and complying with the T & Cs, and as far as I am aware that membership is for life.

At least, that's what I did/do. Do the rest of you pay a subscription and have to renew membership, because I don't?

Maybe I'm a lifetime honorary member and don't even know it! :que

Peter
Even though she has never posted, Ros has always been in the background for people to be referred to, and her contribution has been most kind and beyond price.

This Complaints Forum now has a major problem. We can only give advice to the best of our ability as well meaning amateurs, but for many complaints, the best advice is to obtain a proper legal opinion from a solicitor.

Does anyone know of another solicitor willing to replace Ros on the same terms?

Peter
Ros is taking early retirement as she's not been feeling too good so I don't think she'd feel up to coming onto the forums. I will send a link to Ros & Pam to these posts.

I thought when I saw Ros on TV a fortnight ago she didn't look old enough to retire. She helped me a few years ago and I would like to wish her good luck on her retirement and better health in the future.
We would like to thank Ros for all the help she willingly gave to me and my wife in the past and we wish her a very happy retirement.Thanks again you will really be a big miss to this site and its members.
I've never used Ros, must have been lucky in my travels.

But i do know that over the years on this forum she has helped, many people

Thanks Ros, it was always nice to know you was there in the background.

Hope your health is good, and have a happy retirement. xxx
Ros has been invaluable for HT members over the years and I'd like to wish her all the best for her future.
Thanks Ros and take care :wave:
Thankfully I have never required her assistance, but can see she has been great for the members here!

Just a note, are the mods/website peeps aware when you post a hotel review it still flashes up with a screen that shows Ros contact details and offers her services?

Emma :-D
Ah forgot about that Emma - thanks will let Van know :cheers
Happy retirement Ros. I've sadly had to use her services in the past and have been beyond grateful for all the help I received in fighting for compensation from one of the worlds worst TO's. And we won....all thanks to Ros and her team. God bless you!!!!!
thought this best place to post.....Ive just finnished doing my hotel and resort reviews....are mods aware that when you submit your report it comes up with a page asking if youve had a holiday from hell and still gives all Ros's contact details and states she gives free advice to holiday truth members....tweetie
Thanks tweetie ... Van is currently working on the hotel reviews site, and that is one of the items on his fix list.

David :wave
I will be removing that information shortly...

Firstly my thanks to Ros and Pam for their dedication to helping all HT members and guests...I know that many people who contacted her from the site aren't members but HT is there for all... They did a sterling job and one that will be appreciated by many for years to come.

It has been difficult to find a suitable replacement. Thankfully Ros has used her influence one last time and found us a company who are prepared to take over her role as advisers both to the public and to ourselves to keep us all abreast of the law.

We are hopeful a document, not dis-similar to our Safe and Sound brochure, will be available from the new solicitors very soon. Until that time, Safe and Sound will not be available for download on holidaytruths.

We prefer to direct you to an individual with whom you can identify and this is one of the primary goals which I'm hoping to achieve. In the meantime and in order to not leave members or guests out in the cold, I have made arrangements for the company to take any calls.

The company we recommend you use in the future is Simpson Millar LLC Solicitors.
They have a site set up purely for you to contact them via phone, email or web form. For more detailed information please visit: http://www.on-holiday-claims.co.uk/

We look forward to working alongside Simpson Millar in giving you, the holiday-maker, the best possible advice and keeping you abreast of any changes in the law which may affect travellers.

Regards

Van
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.