Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Many thanks for your report Roxey. Sounds like you had a good time - shame about the rubbish :duh
Brilliant report , another thumbs up for Foxies steakhouse from me :tup I really must look for Tony's place on my next visit , how long did you stay in Goa for Roxy ?
On the road to the Highland Beach Hotel just a few yards up on the right , doesn't look anything from outside but steaks are lovely, the service always freindly.
Hi Noggin sorry , I should have made it clearer the HB hotel is off the main Road that runs through Candolim, very close to Newtons Supermarket and Bending Bamboos
Definitely well worth finding Noggin, could just eat one of their steaks now - yum!!
We were there for 18 days Shirley, I dont think we will go so late in the season again, I prefer December/January its a little cooler and not so humid.
The new pavements in Candolim are fun, I bet there have been more than a few twisted ankles this year.
We didnt have any problems with the taxi drivers, we paid 100 rupees to whichever part of Candolim we wanted to go, they were happy - we were happy. We did have one driver who insisted on serenading us in Portugese on our journey - he was hilarious, crazy driver though!!!!
It was good to see work finally started on the River Princess, lets hope she will be gone by next season. We weren't hassled at all by beach sellers, we did some business with the little family who run their shop outside the Calamari and I had a lovely Radley bag from one of the handbag sellers for about £20.
All in all it was another great holiday apart from the piles of rubbish all over the place. We will definitely go back again - its a way of life now.
Oh yes, one place I forgot to mention, Sweet Art just down the beach road next to Casa Seashell, gorgeous coffee and apple pie.
Hope everyone going out in the next few weeks has a great holiday :sun2
Sweet Art mmm apple pie, must make a note of that one ;)
duh I just noticed the title of your trip report , I feel silly asking how long you were there for :whoops
Thanks for the report.

Lots of people had enough of how filthy North Goa is getting.

You just know nothing will get done.

Papa
I must be the only one on here that thought Foxies was poor.
Went there on first night after reading reports on here and was badly let down.
Honeymoon couple on next table were likewise unimpressed.
Steaks at Gato Loco were far better.
del,

Not just you. We were unimpressed withy our meal when we visited. Shows how personal restaurant reccomendations are.

Papa
What a shame both, our meal really was fantastic, the steak was excellent.
We ate at Foxy's 2 years ago, I had mushroom sauce with my steak.
Bad mistake.
4 hours later was really bad.
Not again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.