Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Oh dear! Sorry, but I had to laugh!! I'm sure many of us have travel stories similar to yours! Hopefully you will be able to laugh about it eventually! I'll bet the taxi driver is still talking about it now!( my embarassing travel story also involves Barcelona by the way- I'm just not telling anyone about it!)
I believe I read somewhere that Ryanair transport guests to Barcelona when they arrive at Gerona. Can someone please tell me if this is true or else friends are going to be in the same situation. Thanks Karen
as far as i know Ryanair dont transfer people at all , to barcelona,. from Girona , on the ryanair website under destinations there is all teh details about girona airport and teh surrounding areas and teh time it takes to get to various places

unfortunately all the budget airlines dont fly into many major airports , ie they use LONDON luton or LONDON stanstead , many spanish or other nationalities will find tehmselves in teh same boat over here before they would have just put Girona but as its close to Barcelona they have included that , Easyjet fly direct to Barcalona but if you price up EJ to Barca you will see why Ryanair say Girona(barcelona) also as you arrived after midnight the taxi fare would be more tahn normal as its 45 mins from teh airport down to A7 to Barcelona and even in spain i cant see the justification of 120€ unless its after midnight
like i said to fiona its like calling an airport leeds/bradford and them dropping you off in bloody cumbria!

but yes ryainair provide a bus service to barcelona to meet travellers,though you have to pay,why the hell they dont advertise this with your booking i dont know,but the worst thing was that we SAW it and watched it drive off as we stood waiting for a taxi to turn up

the driver was ace,he even didnt charge us as much as he should have,him and the apartment rental guy,well i dont speak spanish but i bet they were having a right old gossip,they were certainly talking a while on the phone,but thank god we had that guys number or we'd still be driving round Gironas ramblas trying to find out apartment (which made it extra confusing,ramblas in both cities)
its 120kms so a euro per km is about right i reckon,but yeh we arrived around 1am,took nearly an hour
Yes I found a timetable for it. Perhaps you could write or e-mail Ryanair with your story stating that you were not aware of the bus and perhaps in future they could let people know. You never know you might get a result. Here is the link for the bus for anyone that might need it, although not sure if it will work as its a PDF. Karen
http://www.sagales.com/Data/Files/100_Barcelona-Girona_airport_(Ingles)_Abril-Mayo_2005.pdf
yeh i am gonna,they want the ref code and i dont have it tho,grrrrrrrrr
Did you book online, if so maybe you have an e-mail with the No on it. Karen
thats the first place i looked,but for some reason out of all the crap i save on my emails it's not there,twas in january so i prolly thought i wouldnt need it anymore,doh!
Always the way, although all my e-mail after 7 days gets saved in a filing cabinet on my PC. I have just looked and there are over 2000 e-mails in there dating back to 2003!!!! Karen
Oh the benefits of travel agents, they would know where Gerona is!! :roll:
LOL at kopgirl ! I assume you are one! Good point though.
Yeah, but would they have bothered to tell you??
OL at kopgirl ! I assume you are one! Good point though.

Yes youve found me out!!
:D

As for the comment about would the travel agents tell you?

No most travel agents would not tell a customer something so important :roll: , thats why when you come on here everybody is constantly slating them :D

But Ryanair, the greatest airline there has every been certainly make a great job of telling their customers dont they?
I have just returned from a (fantastic) weekend break to Barcelona. Originally we were due to fly with BMI to Barca's but we got a call from them telling us they no longer considered the route as economically viable and while they would be able to fly us there they wouldn't be able to get us back (as they would have ceased flying to Barcelona by that point).

So, after a **** load of hassle we ended up going with Ryan Air to Girona. We already knew in advance the distance to Barcelona from Girona but as there were four of us we decided to split the cost of the taxi. The cost was 115 euros to our hotel, which split 4 ways wasn't really too bad. There is also a fairly regular rail service to Barcelona too, but then you have to get yourself and your luggage to your hotel from the station, which we couldn't be bothered with.

Overall I would do the same again.
Sorry, just one other thing.

Did Ryan Air even know you was going to Barcelona? You could have been off to the Costa Brava. They fly to Gerona and I guess they suspect people would have conducted some research into getting from their destination airport to their final destination. If you told them you was going to Barcelona at the time of booking then I agree with you they should have perhaps mentioned the transfer costs.

At the end of the day Ryan Air are just a point to point carrier. They pick you up at one place, drop you off at another, and do not take into consideration anything around that (flight transfers, transfer costs to hotels etc). Even if you booked with BA I would be certain they wouldn't give you the costs or any warning the distance of travelling to your hotel. I fly quite often to Riyadh (Saudi) with BA business (not now, they've stopped flying there in March) and they have never told me that Riyadh city is 45 minutes in a taxi from Riyadh airport.
I fell for this one as well! It was late when we got in but we got the bus into Barcelona - seemed to take ages - and it plonks you down in Placa tetuan whereas most tourists expect placa catalunya as the central hub. Could be worse though - what about Ryanair's "Brussels / Charleroi" - the latter is practically in France - or Florence / Pisa? I think they would do a better customer rrelations job and came clean - we know the fairs are cheap, all we need is the info then we don't end up like stupid tourists.
Blimey - can someone please assure me that when they say I am flying to Reus I will actually fly to Reus and not somewhere in the middle of nowhere :lol:

Sam x
You are flying to Reus. As long as you final destiunation is Reus and not Barcelona then no problem.

Girona is marketed as Barcelona so there is confusion.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.