Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Sally, we went to the area, which is known as the 'Costa Tropical', 3 years ago.
we stayed in Orgiva which is about 40 mins drive inland in a finca.
It's a lovely area, reasonably unspoiled, but with lots of activity within reasonable driving distance.
The weather should be OK in October - we were there last 2 weeks Sept, came home about 4th Oct 'ish, & still really hot.
An absolute must to visit is Granada & the Alhambra, but if you do decide you want to go there DO book online before you go.
Go to the website - it's in Spanish ( natch) but you can get a translation.

Actually, i just looked and found that it's much better now -

http://www.alhambratickets.com - english bit - so easy - cant stress it strongl enough how much better it is to prebook!!

when we went there, we walked past 5 or 6 queues all of about 100 people at different windows, waiting to buy tickets, and went to the window for pre-bought tickets - no queue!!
any other questions - I'll try to help.
Have you looked at the rough guide/lonely planet? Lots of info there.
Hope this helps, :)
Terri
A bit old thread but I don`t bother to start a new one either. About Salobrena, there is only one sober taxidriver. The triphoppers in the village have so black eyes that you wouldn`t believe it! I feared for my life when we got a drive from a driver who drove with a flower in his hand...

So the sober taxidrivers name is Escobar :D Ask for him, everybody in the pubs should know him.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.