Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
think you have posted in the wrong forum site.this one is ibiza.

transfers try resorthopper,should be cheap.ok
Hi Ardath

Sorry I have not stayed in Salobrena but we visited the other week whilst staying in Nerja.

We hired a car for the week at a cost of €180 including all the insurances (excess, tyres etc). It was a 5 door Corsa from Helle Hollis and I would recommend them. You then have transport for the whole week if you are wanting to have a few trips out. The transfers to Nerja from Malaga worked out at almost the same cost. From Malaga airport it is motorway almost all the way to Salobrena and it is toll free. You may have parking problems in August though, especially if you are in the Old Town.

The beach looked quite nice at Salobrena. It is free to go on the beach. The sunbeds in Nerja were €4 each so I would think it would be similar. We sometimes buy roll-up beach mats for €2 instead of sunbeds. You can leave them behind when you come home.

I am sure in August all the shops will be open on Sundays. We didn't find Nerja all that expensive. €1.80 large bottle of milk, €1.30 small loaf, €2 6x1 1/2 litre bottles water, packs of cheese slices, ham etc from €1.50, crisps €1.20, bottles wine from €4. Try the boxes of Don Simon ready made Sangria €1.05! Delicious. Not sure what beer cost in supermarket, sorry. Spirits are slightly cheaper than here. Plenty of fruit. melons, tomatoes etc at reasonable prices.

If i were you I'd do some research and find out if there are any tapas bars in town. There will probably be loads in the old town. It was our first visit to the mainland and we had a great time doing tapas runs. You just have one drink in each bar then move on. The tapas is generally free if you stay at the bar. Usually you get to chose although this is not always the case. It's a great chance to try loads of different foods. Three of us would have 5 drinks/tapas and only spent €30 total! You don't need to go out for a meal then.
We found eating out was a bit expensive if you wanted a starter and main course although some places were doing Menu del Dia for anything from €10 upwards. Salobrena may be cheaper I don't know. There will be quite a lot of places doing italian - pizza, pasta etc so hopefully your vegetarian will be okay. Also if it's anything like Nerja there will be a lot of fish restaurants where you can buy raciones (portions) for about €7 or €8. You just get a plate of whatever you chose be it calamares, prawns in batter, fried anchovies or whatever.

Don't know about public transport, sorry. If you fancy a trip out the Alhambra Palace at Granada is within easy reach, again nearly all motorway. We thought it was fabulous. You need to pre-book online though as they only let a limited number of people in every half hour to the most spectacular bit, the Nasrid Palaces. It's €13 for a general visit.

Hope you have a brilliant time. If you need any more help please ask away or send me a message.

Salut, Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.