Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi...Ive been going here for last 8 yrs. Any questions just ask. I cant think of any where better to take our lot. Great for kids, though there are no organised entertainment on this site, there is always lots of other children to play with. No one moans about how much noise they make or the games they play , as most are parents with youngsterts themselves.
Plenty of lsupermarkets not far away to stock up.
People tend to chill ther wine and beer ready for the evening, and Ive had some lovely evenings chilling out with other parents outside the caravans , as the kids get tired they get poped to bed . There are strict rules about noise after 12 oclock, but no one bothers you having a quite drink and talking till when ever.
There is a supermarket on site which is quite good, and a fast food place where you can get pitzas and spit roasted chichens ect. There is also a nice bar and resturant on site next to the pools, and a launderette, though no driers.
I will try to nudge Family things to do in Salou to the top of this forum which I started . This gives you loads of info . Hope this helps. Anthing else just ask
Its only 20 mins walk to portadventura. Its right behind all the main shops, and mcdonalds. Outside Mcdonalds you can bus it basically any where you want to go, from oneside of the road or the other. Main booking office for coaches to barcelona, and footie ground tour ect opposit mcdonalds as well. Beach over the road from mcdonalds as well. Loads of good eating places allround .
On site pool and bar resturant, A main site office with brilliant facilities for safe deposit boxes, and you change your money 6 feet away from them.
ps Get portadventura tickets for 2 weeks for about £49 each from Siesta in Leeds before you go ,then you can go whenever you like and not miss out on anything else . There are rules for 3 day and 7 day passes about when you can use them, and you may miss out on a day if you want to go somewhere else youve heard about. 2 weeks is only a few pounds dearer than 7 days.

EDIT: For the 'FAMILY THINGS TO DO IN SALOU' thread mentioned by TWEETIE PIE, please click here.
David HT Mod
hi, I've stayed there twice. It hasn't got the same facilities as sanguli but is much better positioned in the centre and close to everything. I feel you have more freedom than in a hotel as there is more room for kids to play. I would stay there again.
Hi...for those interested I thought I would post this bit of info....For years siesta holidays have been on a yearly contract for thier caravans on the site Camping LA Siesta as redevelopement plans for the area were ongoing . This was the best site for port adventura, only 20 mins walk. I recieved my brochures for next year a while back and the site is no longer on offer. Also reduced number of lodges ect at Sanguli due to the site being redeveloped.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.