Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Will be staying in the sol costa doroda at christmas, was in it last year. It will be a relaxing break for you with the portaventura within walking distance from the hotel. The tickets can be purchased at hotel reception and if it is the same as last year, you will get 2 days for the price of 1 . but to be used on consectutive days. The hotel will have a lot of spanish residents, but food is pretty good. As for Salou it will be as dead as hector with only Mcdonalds and a Irish bar open. Tarragona is only a 10 minute train ride away and you will find a bit more life there Hope this is of some use to you Cheers
Ernie
Hi ya Nigel,

Fancy abandoning Air Berlin, I will be in the Costa Daurada Sol from 17/12 to 23/12. This hotel is in my opinion fantastic value for money although with plenty of Spanish pensioners the food is to a budget although if you can not find something to eat from the buffet there is something wrong with you. The hotel has a small indoor pool, sauna and gym which is great for the cool days over Xmas. I have been to Port Adventura but in May excellent shows and rides, but will go on the 18th the only day open during our stay. Salou will be very quiet but we love it for walking to la Pineda Cambrils etc. A trip to Barcelona on the train is 10 euros per adult return and very worth while. Have a great time and a very merry Christmas.
I would like to hear what you think of it on your return.
PS Flying from Luton parking £19.30 haha .
we were there last year stayed 1 night in the hotel in porta ventura it was very nice but remember if the weather it is anything like last year bring plenty of warm jumpers and jackets forget the shorts as it was realy cold and the park itself is high up so you get a realy cold wind it was so bad the dragon kan was closed for days with the weather you can use the inside bit of the water park kids realy enjoyed that and it was warm also keep all walets and money well hiden as my hubby got his walet stolen in the park
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.