Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I haven't been to the hotels Juby, but there is a big difference in the two resorts. Perhaps the older teens might find Es Cana a little quiet. Have you read the resort reviews on here?
How old are your teens?.We went with our 17 year old daughter and her friend last summer and she found it OK and met a few of her age but not many.My daughter wouldn't go here if she was 18.

Es Cana has always been a resort for 15/16 year olds who wanabe 18 ,last summer the main bar were in previous years this age group had met had started to get really strict on ID for anyone looking younger than 20.

I cant say about San An bay as I have never been there.

Be aware that the Cala Nova in Es Cana is a 15 minute walk into the village
thanks for your quick responses- the teens are actually 20s & 18s- Im thinking san antonio bay the fiesta milord might be better as it easier to get to the clubs and less for taxis - just wondered if any one has stayed there
I know someone who always goes to Es Cana Cala Nova, say it is an excellent hotel
I took my two sons to the Fiesta Cala Nova on my first visit to Ibiza nine years ago. They were 18 and 15 at the time. I would agree that the 15 year old probably had more fun with far more teenagers of the same age at the hotel and resort. I hardly saw him for 2 weeks whereas my older son didn't really meet anyone of the same age, although he still had a good holiday!

I have to say that I loved the hotel and it started my love affair with Fiesta hotels in general. My favourite is now the Don Carlos in Santa Eulalia but that would still not be good for older teens. Playa den Bossa or San An are both resorts for that age group.
I wouldn't recommend Es Cana for 20's and 18's,not enough happening there for that age group.No real clubs or disco bars except Charlies which does open until 4am after the caberet has ended, but as I said before now that the wannabe 18's cant get served it wasn't at all busy last summer.There is another disco called Kansella but I never saw anyone in in 2 weeks.As a previous post said San antonio bay,San Antonio or Playa Den Bossa might be better.
We havent stayed in Es Cana, although have visited and didn't think there was much there, but we know San Antonio Bay really well as have been 6 times and would recommend it.

There are plenty of bars and things to do such as bowling, bungee trampolines, rodeo bulls etc. Mari Pins bar is really good for cocktails, Johnny's bar is good for the footie and Peppers 2 is also good for the footies (and soaps) and has a lively disco bar inside.

You are also quite close to San Antonio if the teens are a bit older and want to go clubbing, buses, taxi's and water taxi's are readily available and quite reasonable.
We stayed at the Fiesta Milord last August and I would never visit the hotel or resort again. :tongue
The hotel and resort were, IMHO, the worst I have ever been to. If you want to take the AI option for drinks and never move from the hotel, fine but if you want to get out and about we found San Antonio Bay absolutely dire. Went over the San Antonio a few times but the cost of the transport by sea or taxi was quite prohibitive if there are a few of you. I can honestly say it's the only holiday where I was thankful I had just booked the week.
PM me if you want any more info.
Re Fiesta Milord we might have had a lucky escape then. We have always liked the look and location of the Milord 1 and 11 and seriously thought about booking it for summer 09. However, we have booked Half Board at Fiesta Don Toni Hotel instead. One of the advantages to booking through Fiesta Group is that you can eat in any of the hotels and we did think about trying the Milord.
Maybe now we wont bother.

When staying in the Bay on previous holidays we were always happy to just stroll into San Antonio town and either get a bus or taxi back. You are right tho, the cost of getting around whether it be by boat, taxi or whatever does mount up especially so if you are making your way into Ibiza Town (and if its a 14 day holiday).
we have been to fiesta millord 5 times from 2000-2003 and 2006.

but it has changed and from my opinion not for the best.

it used to be so peacefull and you got your own space sitting around the pool, now the pool area is cluttered with sunbeds and loads of people.

for half board the meals were fantastic as are the staff, most who return every year to work.

the views from the backrooms overlooking the bay are great, especially late at night when your sitting out on the balcony with a few beers listening to the waves batter off the rocks below, and you cant hear music from nearby bars either.

another thing about the fiesta millord is its location, ive never been anywhere thats had a better one, its just perfect, in off the main street and right on the water.

i havent any experience of es canna hotels but hope you find enjoy the millord if you ever decide to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.