Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Escana which way
31 Posts
Only beach apart from the main Es Cana beach is a Cala Nova,at rear of the Miami.I wouldnt say its a beautiful beach but has good waves to splash about in.
Esat, West, North, South - it doesn't matter - none of them can be worse than the British ghetto that is Es Cana. Get a car, drive away and see the real Ibiza.
Slightly unfair remark that in my opinion.OK Es Cana is a Brits abroad resort but to call it a ghetto??
I think its a very unfair remark as well,We thought Es Cana was a lovely little resort.....We just thought it was a little bit quiet.

tofog68 :wave
ghetto
n. pl. ghet-tos or ghet-toes
a part of society or group that is in some way divided from the main part.

Ibiza is a Spanish island, Es Cana is a town that caters purely for the British, hence the expression British ghetto. It isn't an offensive expression it's a factual one.
Casperslides very sorry but your remark is totally uncalled for and away off topic. Please return to the main topic
Can any one tell me the way to the nice beaches I keep hearing about at escana

I had another think about this and if anyone finds the remarks by caspeslides offensive I shall remove them.
I have been to Es Cana on several occassions and yes it is in the main a British resort,but had guests from other parts of Europe staying there.Germans,Italians and Spanish are numerous and also French is not uncommon to be heard,
I dont find his comments offensive,everyone is entitled to give there honest opinion,although i disagree with him on this one,i love es cana as does a lot of people on this site and other sites,but like he says it will not be to everyones liking,although i think he could have worded it a litttle better :) BAN BAN BAN BAN HIM :cry: :wink: :wink: only joking.
escanatiger
(check out the username) 8)
i love escana,but also santa eulalia and s'argamassa,some times it the memories a place holds as opposed to whats actually there,anyway back on topic,my favorite beach is at cala martina,from the miami,walk accross the beach and on the road up to the hippy market,i would guess about 15 mins and you come to cala martina beach,3 or 4 excellent beach bars,i like the cala martina restaurant best(if you go on a sunday afternoon,there are loads of spanish families enjoying paella,its packed but the food is fab).the beach is suitable for children,starts fairly shallow.allways lots of free sunbeds,clean toilets attached to the restaurants.if you get the water taxi from es cana to santa eulalia,the boat passes the beach just before the sol s'argammassa hotel(another fave).love the cala nova beach also,but the sea can be a bit fierce. mo.
Casperslides very sorry but your remark is totally uncalled for and away off topic. Please return to the main topic Quote:
Can any one tell me the way to the nice beaches I keep hearing about at escana

I had another think about this and if anyone finds the remarks by caspeslides offensive I shall remove them.

In my original comment I suggested that there were much better beaches in Ibiza than Es Cana that is all, my apologies for having an opinion.
i'm siding with casper on this one - heres a list of beaches off the top my head that you woudnt visit

playa den bosa, cala des moro, san an, es cana, port des torrent

heres a non-exhaustive list of beaches with 20 minutes of es cana that i'd recommend

cala boix, cala martina, agua blanca, benirras, cala xarraca, pou des leo, cala des multons, moon beach

down south: es cubells, cala moli, cala gracio & gracionetta, es bol nou (commonly known as sa caleta but thats the name of the restaurant there), you could throw in salinas, es cavellet and cala jondal - but they are far more touristy
If caspeslides had posted in the same manner as yourself there would be no problem but he described Es Cana
the British ghetto that is Es Cana.
He then went on to describe a Ghetto as
ghetto
n. pl. ghet-tos or ghet-toes
a part of society or group that is in some way divided from the main part.

He must be using a different dictionary from me as mine describes it as the following:-
1 densely populated slum area of a city inhabited by a socially and economically deprived minority -

2 an area that is segregated or isolated. -

3 an area in a European city in which Jews were formerly required to live

I'm quite sure that the local residents of Es Canar would not take kindly to their town being described as any one of the above or even a British ghetto
the residential population of es cana is, at a rough guess, about 200. in winter it is a ghost town. because of this and the fact that it's miles from anywhere i'd go with definition no 2.
allmen HT MOD,

Thank you,It also says the same thing in my Dictionary too..

Well thanks for the couple of people who answered my questions
Sorry judy :oops:
In answer to your question we found the main beach at Es Cana was very nice and there are a few beach bars for refreshments,But if you want bigger beaches I would suggest going down the coast for the day to Santa Eulalia.

Hope this helps.

you could argue that agua blanca or cala boix are, by the time youve faffed around, are just as close as santa eulalia - much as we love the beach we can see from our balcony....
He must be using a different dictionary from me as mine describes it as the following:-
1 densely populated slum area of a city inhabited by a socially and economically deprived minority -

2 an area that is segregated or isolated. -

3 an area in a European city in which Jews were formerly required to live

I think that you will find that definition 2 is much the same as mine - just worded differently. I haven't once suggested that Es Cana is economically deprived or that it was where Jews were required to live. I also never said that I was quoting from a dictionary.

I don't know why you are all so sensitive, this is a discussion forum after all and in the free world that I hope we live in, everybody is entitled to their opinion even if it isn't the same as yours.
ALL I asked was which way to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.