Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya

We,ve not actually stayed at the santa Monica yet but will be doing so next year for a month. We visited the hotel & checked out the rooms, my advice would be to email them before you go & state that you don't want a room overlooking the factory at the rear. These rooms were the biggest but the view was appauling. We dont mind not having a pool view & infact do like to watch how the locals live & go about there daily tasks but could not have stayed in these rooms.

Hope this helps

AJ
Thanks for that. I did read in the hotel reviews about the rooms opposite the toilet roll factory :x how awful! I will pass on your message about emailing the hotel first, thanks again :D
have stayed at the santa monica 3 times and am going back for the 4th time in feb.
they do have a website http://www.resortsantamonica.com which shows rooms etc.
seen a lot of worse hotels.
do you have any specific questions?
Thanks Ron. I will have a look at their site. I was just wondering about the location, size and cleanlieness of the rooms, eating in the hotel, just the usual stuff. any info is greatly appreciated. :D
hi gemma.the santa monica is behind the nizmar in calangute.i would say its really half way between calangute centre and candolim
you can walk to the beach or calangute/candolim easy but theres always plenty of taxis at the back of the nizmar.
its a small hotel made up of 3 blocks with 40 rooms i believe with 3 floors.
1 block is above reception,1 above the kitchen and dining area and as someone wrote earlier the other block is in front of a toliet roll factory.
breakfast is tea/coffee and toast and jam.you can buy other food if you wish.food there is ok ive eat there a few times
towels and bed linen are changed daily and i would say the cleanliness is ok.
i like it there i find it a friendly hotel ideally siuated,always meet people who weve meet previously when ive stayed there.
hope this helps.
Thanks ron thats brill, I will pass on the information. :D
We stayed there for a month a few years ago. I don't remember seeing a factory there but things pop up so quickly in Calangute I wouldn't be at all surprised.
Our room was very "posh" for Goan standards, trendy wrought iron furniture, a large balcony and a massive TV (though I didn't watch it). The shower was very powerful and there was hot water all day due to solar panels on the roof.
The beauty salon "Jennifer's" was excellent value for money, I had eyebrow threading, massages, manicures and pedicures for next to nothing.
The cleaning staff were lovely, especially Krishna, our room boy (but I think he's now moved to the Falcon).

We never used the pool, bar or eating facilities, as they were was packed with loud Brits in nylon footie shirts, their stiletto-wearing chain-smoking wives accompanied by brats with inflatables and buggies (my idea of holiday hell)
Does anyone know the owners name / managers name, so that I can enter them as a reference for a visa application.

Thanks in advance :cheers
EDIT:
It's "Mr John Carrasco"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.