Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Looks lovely. I note that it is 4km from Hersonnosis so you can have lively if you want it. Right next Hersonnosis is Stalis, which I preferred. Not so hectic but still loads of lovely tavernas and bars. Crete itself is a great island for site seeing.
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-07-28 21:00:44
Thanks for that. So looking forward to it.

Anne
Hi stsr,

We were looking at Sensatori this weekend too - it almost looks too good to be true! I think Thomson must have a guaranteed contract with the hotel because the prices really do seem pretty reasonable. We went to our local shop and the girl who helped seemed to be pretty clued up on what it was all about considering it isn't completely built yet! They do seem very confident though that it's going to be finished by the end of this year so should look pretty tip top come May!

Anyway - We have been to the Lyttos Beach area before and can definitely confirm that it is not an overly party atmosphere, but that Hersonissos is pretty nearby if you fancied a party. I think the village next door to the Sensatori looks quite traditional and quaint which would be nice to see. It looks like there is going to be enough going on in the hotel to keep us happy in the evenings though - especially as it is full board plus.

We are going to book this week - next June can't come quick enough!

D
Hi Anne (stsr)

Booked this new hotel for 31st July 2008 for two weeks, it certaintly looks fab. Will keep searching the web for anything I can tell you about it.
So far the partner that is building this hotel (Atlantica) are based in South America, also build the Radisson hotels and Consort Hotels, so they must be of a very good reputation.

Citizen
I was looking at this yesterday and agree it looks fab. We would want to go in May so I would just be worried that not everything is finished. I think it is probably worth the risk though as the prices seem very reasonable, almost too good to be true.

How far is Lyttos beach from the airport?

Think I will go to the travel agents at lunchtime to price it up.
I was looking at this yesterday and agree it looks fab. We would want to go in May so I would just be worried that not everything is finished. I think it is probably worth the risk though as the prices seem very reasonable, almost too good to be true.

How far is Lyttos beach from the airport?

Think I will go to the travel agents at lunchtime to price it up.

Lyttos Beach is about half an hour from the airport from what I remember. I would presume that if THomson are saying it is due to be complete by the end of the year that by May it will definitely be complete!

Hi Anne (stsr)

Booked this new hotel for 31st July 2008 for two weeks, it certaintly looks fab. Will keep searching the web for anything I can tell you about it.
So far the partner that is building this hotel (Atlantica) are based in South America, also build the Radisson hotels and Consort Hotels, so they must be of a very good reputation.

Citizen

Atlantica are actually based in Cyprus and have hotels only in Cyprus and the Greek Islands at the moment. Thomson appear to use a lot of their stuff. I think the South American company you mention must be a different one.

D
Thanks greekinlindon, half an hour is ideal as we will be travelling with a toddler so I didn't want it to be to far.

What should the wather be like in early May?
When I was in Lyttos Beach a few years ago it was actually May time - it was lovely and warm but obvisouly not as hot as the height of summer and the evenings were on the cool side. I did hear though that Thomson are looking to heat the pools in the colder months so I presume that would include May!
We wouldn't want it to be too hot, so that sounds ideal. Is Lyttos beach a nice part of Crete?
It's very different to a lot of areas because it isn't developed very much - there is one other hotel in the area and then lots of bungalows and apartments from what I remember. The local village of Analipsi is very traditional and quite charming - will be interesting to see what happens to that with the increase in tourism. I was originally tempted to hire a care on our trip but it looks to me that there is so much to do in the hotel and surrounding area that we won't need to.
Have you booked the Sensatori yet? My husband rung up to get a price just now and I think we are going to book this week. As its full board the prices are really good.
We booked last night! It's full board plus which means you get your wine and beer and soft drinks with your meals (I presume not breakfast though!).

Bring on next June!
Maybe Champagne with breakfast?? I've heard of other hotels doing that!

What sort of room did you book. Do you know if the swim up rooms are the same size as the standard ones, just wondering if they are worth the extra.
Not sure on the room sizes - they dont seem to have that information yet - probably cos it isnt built yet!

We booked the swim-up room in any case though - sounded like a nice piece of luxury!
We have booked!! I am excited now, just a shame it is so long to wait!! we are off on 4th May.
You'll be one of the first people to ever experience Sensatori then! From what i have read it looks like Thomson are going to be doing more of these Sensatori projects so there could be some more fun holidays coming in the next few years!
I am just waiting for a letter close to the time saying some of the things aren't finished, ever the optimist! Hope it will be as good as it looks.
In my experience Thomson dont tend to do that to you - it's more the cheapo ones like Airtours and Kosmar and stuff.

I'm sure they'll keep updates on their main site though so you can probably keep checking back to see how it is getting on!
Hi all

Guess I got all excited and picked the wrong builders. Thanks for the info
greekinlondon. As I said booked for next year July at our local Thompson we were the first people to book this complex with them.

Just one thing with it being FB I am not quite sure why they have not made it exclusively AI, I think it would of been a little better.

Citizen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.