Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
SENSATORI
9 Posts
Welcome to the Greek forums of HT..

it only opend this year :think have you looked at the members hotel reviews yet we have several :duh

yasus
wizard
Hi SunshineLass, we came back from Sensatori at beginning of August. If you let me know what particular worries you have I'll be happy to try and help. :cheers
Hi,

I am taking two kids aged 7 & 18 months and heard the floors are slippy everywhere?

We are full board plus and have been told that you have to book a week in advance for tables at any of the restaurants?

Entertainment in the evening? Have heard its mediocre?

We are in a Family Room - what are they like?

What was the transfer time from the Airport? I have been to Crete before but went to Malia so transfer time a bit longer - I believe we get dropped off first - correct?

Thanks for your info.

Aimi
:)

:que
Hi, transfer time is approx 20mins and yes the coach only goes to the Sensatori.....if you're really lucky you might even get a bottle of water as well! We were in double swim up rooms but I believe the family rooms are a bit bigger with a partition. I think this is a picture of one:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g503710-d1045360-w3-Sensatori_Resort-Hersonissos_Crete.html#18039077

I suggest you book the restaurants as soon as you arrive as they get booked up well ahead and I know some people who were there for a week couldn't book anything. The Red Saffron you just book daily (this is the barbeque buffet). Entertainment is a difficult one as everyone's different, as far as I could make out the little ones were very well catered for, they had presenters from cbeebies, Strike from Britains got Talent etc etc. There is normally a choice of outside entertainment which is more family orientated, or inside more adult style. Best to check on the TV in your room which gives you all that is going on for the day. The staff are very helpful and friendly so just ask and you'll be pointed in the right direction. We didn't find the floors any more slippery than some other hotels we have been to but like anywhere with lots of water you have to be sensible. It seemed to me all the little ones were wearing crocs or similar and whilst I did hear of a few people slipping I didn't witness it myself. One more thing, I don't know if its always windy but it was when we were there (July/August) and I was often a bit chilly in the evenings so might be an idea to take a cardi. Enjoy and don't worry :cheers
Janalice
Hi Aimi,
we went in August with our 2 children - 7 and 4. We had a wonderful time and have re-booked for next year. I have read so many mixed reviews about the place, but to be honest I can't believe they're talking about the same place we went to.
There are slip mats around the pools and our kids wore crocs/flip-flops. I only saw one person slip on the stairs and that was an adult. I'd say you should take care around the pool as you would around any pool.
We had a family suite which was huge. Our children slept on sofa beds in the lounge and we had our own separate room. The bed was massive and very comfortable.
The kids club is fabulous. Our children went to the morning session ( 2 hours) to keep out of the sun. They loved it and went almost every day. It is run by a great group of girls who obviously really love their job. They also have 2 one hour sessions in the afternooon. When we were there was a show for the children each evening from 7.45 till 9.15 and it was brilliant. The kids club also show movies each night. Twice a week at 7.45 and every other night at 9.45 so the adults can go and watch the adult entertainment.
The food is lovely. You can eat in the main restaurant. There is also a BBQ restaurant which you can book on the day. The other restaurants you do have to book in advance, but when we were there it was only 2 or 3 days in advance.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.
I hope you have a fabulous holiday!
Estelle
Glad to hear your review! I have just booked up for next August and can't wait! :D
I would not worry too much about the Sensatori Resort for normal family type holidays. But if you are thinking of a honeymoon / romantic holiday, then you could have problems. It is a 5 star complex, but not a 5 star experience, unless you are a family.

Families will love it, it's unique and according to sensatori-resort.com its ideal for a new type of holiday.
The swim up rooms look pretty appealing, but I would not want that type of room if I had really small children.
Hello,
I'm thinking of booking at the Sensatori for me and my boyfriend in September this year. I've just been looking at the prices and wondered whether it's worth upgrading to a swim up room in peoples opinion? It's a bit more than we would normally pay but we really like the look of the place (plus it's full board so will save money there anyway!). Also does anyone know if there is likely to be any day time activities in September such as games etc?

Thank you
Nicky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.