Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Question - Did you complete a complaint form whilst in resort? This is important when making a claim.

fwh
The smell of sewage is not pleasant at the best of times, especially in the heat, but I don't really understand how it was coming through the air conditioning system. Unfortunately most hotels will have rooms facing roads, and that means noise from traffic, over which the actual hotel wouldn't have any control. It seems that the rep did her job, and that you were moved as soon as was possible. I don't really know if you'd be entitled to compensation for odour and noise. Did you fill in a complaint form in the resort?
Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. No I don't believe we filled in a specific complaint form, just the end of holiday questionnaire and a few notes in the Thomson lounge book. I didn't realise we would need to. The resort was fairly well laid out in blocks of two story villa type places. Unfortunately they have 2 of the 10 blocks away from the rest with about 10 of these rooms right on the road. Nothing was mentioned about this in the brochure and didn't really help towards a relaxing holiday. The reps seemed to play down the issue of the smell like it was a broken tap but without knowing what was causing the smell it may have been mould or something which we would have been breathing in for 3 nights. The general feel we got from the reps was they didn't seem to think it was a problem.

Cheers.
As fwh said - if you have a complaint, then you really do need to fill out the complaint form in the resort. I don't really think you're going to have much luck with compensation, I'm sorry!
Whilst you did not complete a form in resort that does not prevent you from making a complaint. There is a system for handling of complaints. The TO has 28 days in which to reply - typically it will be an acknowledgement. They then have a further 28 days in which to reply. Your letter of complaint needs to be concise and to the point. They are not interested in "holiday of a lifetime" verbage. It detracts from the facts. You say the rep did get youkmoved and there was a note in the diary so they should be able to trace it.
Your complaint does need to be in the form of a letter sent "recorded delivery" This will ensure proof of receipt. Please keep us posted on this and please also write a review.

Welcome to HT where we do try to assist when we can. Have a browse and see if you can help someone.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.