Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Marce

I was sure the EU regulations would come into hotel staff conduct under third party rules. especially if it was know this person had done this before.

I hope you are succcessful marce

Mike
Mike,

I feel very positive now I have spoken to Ros, by the sounds of things she is going to kick Thomas Cooks ASS ! :D
Marce the Tour Operators know Ros very well :wink:

You're in excellent hands :tup
Lol I kinda guessed they would be running for the hills once they know she is dealing with it ! :lol:
How did you get on in the end with all this? Did she kick arse? Hope so!
Marce

How long ago was this? I am going to the Sharmin In with my two daughters and would like to be reassured... What happened to the member of staff??

Thank you

Luchy
Same thing happened to me in the hyatt hotel in sharm el sheik. I had oredered room service whilst the rest of my family were iving, and the guy forced himself onto me. Luckily he was a weedy little thing, and i forced him out of my room. I was 16. Told my sister when she got back and that eveing i had to pick him out of a few of the staff, he was fired on the spot. We just got the offer of being upgraded for free next time we came, but that was 3 years ago, and i doubt we'l be going back. The rest of the staff i couldnt complain about, and in all the holiday would have been perfect otherwise. We were told that these young males get a job at hotels to do this sort of thing
It happened in April 2004, thomas Cook have offered me £1000.00 but will not accept liability :(
Just read your post Marce, and was upset about the way you have been treated. I just can't believe Thomas Cook are still sending people to these hotels. They just care about making money. I hope Ros can sort something for you. Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Jackie x
Hi Marce, shocked to read about your dreadful experience, you poor thing. It's so upsetting that people save up to go on holiday to have some well earned rest and recreation and something like this happens. Shame on Thomas Cook for not acting more responsibly towards you. Do let us know how you go on and I send my best wishes to you.xx

Elaine xx
Sorry to hear about your experience. Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Ivan.........
Hello,

I think its terrible that we have to worry about this sort of thing on holiday, especially from members of staff at your hotel.

I hope your case goes well, please let us know how it goes and what the result is.

Good luck and take care.

xx
UPDATE

Thomas Cook has just been on the phone and offered me £1500.00 compensation... not too bad i suppose since i have been dealing with this myself :)
Thats Brilliant, well done, I bet you are pleased that you kept at it, not that its about the money, its principal of the matter.

I hope you also got an apology and that they admitted responsibility, thats the most important thing!
Hi,

Nope they won't admit responsibility, but i'm tired of fighting so £1500.00 just about covers my cost of the ruined holiday. I spoke to several lawyers and they wanted more than £1500.00 to take the case on.
Well, its good news anyway.

It must have been a really traumatic experience for you, and you've done well to pick yourself up and fight!
Hi Marce :wave

Congratulations on the outcome.
However, I'm sure no amount of money can compensate for the trauma and stress this incident has caused you.
Hope you can now begin to put this behind you and look towards the future

:gluck Carol :gluck

ps well done Ros :wink: and to Thomas Cook :wlink
Well done for having the courage to see this through. It's difficult, but maybe yo can begin to put this all behind you.
Hi Marce - yes, I second that, well done.

Elaine xx :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.