Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
this is shocking to hear about this. i went through a similar experience last year in barcelona, though i went independently. going to the police over there scared me, silly i know, but the police have this thing about english girls.. anyway i have been to police over here and they have been agreat help, just wish now i had the courage to report this to the police after it had happened..
i do hope that you get everything sorted out and this guy gets all he deserves... good luck
Sad as it is these are obviously not isolated incidents.

When i worked as a holiday rep two of my guests were attacked by two local men. I was told by my island manager that i had to go and see the girls and help organise their return to the UK. I believed this completely insensitive and thought they'd be much more comfortable with a female but was told 'my guests, my responsibility'. I had to talk to the girls for some time before they'd even open the door!

Fortunately things worked out as well as they could considering and they sent in a letter commending me for my patience and help. I do think though that there should be some training or education on this matter for all overeseas staff. It's a subject that needs very sensitive handling, the local authorities don't always go about things in the right way - tour operators should do all they can to help.

Anyway, i'm sorry you had to go through this experience, i've seen the trauma it can cause and wish you all the best in your recovery.
My family and I stayed at the Laguna Vista Resort in July 04 and we heard about the assault not from our tour rep but from other guests and I can understand how easy it happened the mentality of the staff is that a women/girl is a second class citizen and men can do no wrong. It is time that Holiday Companys started to look after their guests(bread and butter) springs to mind and I wish you all the best in your action (I know that I for one will never go back there.
Hi all.Feel bad what happend to u marcie.l was stay in sharm 2005.l can say one think never but never again.And they bean no so friendly.When l was theare. one customer atack the staff beacause he was flert with hes woman.Wheare to start and wheare to finish.
Thanks
Tidus,

What did you hear ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.