Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: How could you cope only going for a weekend!!! 2 Weeks never seems long enough and I could never go abroad for a holiday like Icmeler for only a weekend, maybe somewhere like Paris or other cities but not there!! Glad you enjoyed it though that's all that matters :D

3MIN3M4
We are heading back on Monday for the 5th time, stayed at Kleopatra twice, how's Smiley, Jake and Rambo, still as crazy as ever?

Who did you book through to get a long weekend, could be great as a"filler" between main hols

Cheers
Shaun :wink:
We had a 3 night stay in Icmeler a couple of years ago. A long way to go for such a short time but definitely well worth it especially if you can get a last minute cheap flight.

Christabel
Hi Shaun,
Jake organised the room, as usual, and we booked very, very late with Exel.com. Rambo had quite a nasty accident while we were there. He had a fall out with a car while he was on his scooter and he came second. He will be a bit beat up for a few weeks. He's getting married on the 29th October so he will need all of his strength. Meanwhile, Smilie what a guy. Hasnt changed in the last 5 years and probably never will. Jake may be going in the Army in the winter and he is not looking forward to it at all. Ali's back instead of Ebo and is still the same. And it really is worth the hastle of going back for a weekend. The reaction from our friends over there was unbelievable, especially as our main holiday only finished on the 2 August.
Roll on next year. Have a gtret time.
Geoff.
I think it would be great going for a long weekend.It maybe a long way to go for a few days but time you travel somewhere in england for a weekend break you could of flown to turkey and done the transfer!!i know where id sooner travel too!!!!
Im off to Icmeler in 3weeks 5days and counting. :D
Where did you book your long weekend,did you do flight seperate,then book a room??how much did is cost if you dont mind me asking ??
Hi jblondi19,
We always stay in Icmeler at the Kleopatra II Appts. It's very clean, nice and quiet and good fun. The staff, as in most appartments in Turkey seemingly, really make the holiday go well. We booked very late thro exel.com and paid £142.00 each. this was only because we had to travel Friday early to Tuesday early (work and school commitments). The cheapest flight we found was £49.00 plus the usual extras of course which took the total to around £80.00. Not bad for a 3,500 mile round trip. However it went on a Wednesday. As we live in Nottinghamshire airports are very thick on the ground so we have a choice of 6 within a 2 hour drive.
Because we DIY to the Kleo every year our insider knowledge means that we can organise rooms and transfers very easily. the room was £22.00 per night and the transfer was £90.00. Thats private of course. Rooms fit 4 people so you could argue £5.50 per night each.
If you consider that the journey for us is nearly always 12 hours door to door then a short break to, say, Majorca then the only difference is the 2 hour quicker flight. Majorca or Turkey .... Hummmmm.
In all honesty it did work out a little more that we thought but if we could have got cheaper flights it would heve been comparable to a really good hotel or boating holiday in the UK. Oh but it was wall to wall blue skies, great company and food fit for Kings for 3-1/2 days.
ATB
Geoff.
Glad you enjoyed it but personally i could not travel for all that time just for a few days.
Hubby and i went for just one week last year, we are used to doing 2 weeks with the kids and i found that hectic enough :shock: but then again i dont like travelling much to start with.

Loulou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.