Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
short breaks
26 Posts
Hi Jill .... for a package deal, you may have to up your budget slightly, depending on where you are travelling from and what you regard as a few days. You could for example get a 3 night/4 day package deal from the likes of FlyGlobespan to a 3* star hotel in Benidorm for under £300 for both of you, but you may well have better deals locally.

Alternatively, if you have access to budget or no frills flights from your local airport, you could then arrange accommodation separately. Again, if you were considering Benidorm, you could look at companies such as Beninter, Gestaltur, or Winter Sunshine Holidays.

David :wave
can anyone tell me what company does weekend breaks to benidorm ie leaving on friday and returning monday

hotel if posisble
Hi Helen, why don't you consider D.I.Y. book the hotel and flights separately on the internet instead of going on a package holiday. I personally think that companies generally rip people off where short breaks are concerned. I had a 5 day break at the Flamingo Oasis A/I in March and booked independently for £200 inc flights and hotel and the same holiday would have cost almost double on the High Street.

Sue :)
You're not in Scotland Helen, are you ? Flyglobespan do breaks of virtually any duration from Glasgow and Edinburgh.

PS ... found a previous similar topic which I have merged here, in case it provides any useful tips
  • Edited by David 2006-05-08 10:54:57
sue

what company did you use for the flamingo oasis
Hi Helen, I booked the flights with Jet 2 and booked the hotel with wintersunshineholidays. As I have booked with them before, they gave me a 5% loyalty discount too. Don't be put off by the name, they book holidays all year round. You pay a 10% deposit and pay the balance 4 weeks before you go.

I have just booked a 4day break with flyglobespan £192 ea for all inclusive 4* but wondered if anyone knew of any other websites with competitive prices. I did try pricing flights and hotel individually but flights were too expensive. Thanks
joolz ... am I right in thinking departure is from Glasgow ? Flyglobespan don't really have much competition on short breaks from Glasgow. When you break down the cost, the flight is often the most expensive component of a short break. The air fare may be the same whether you stay 4 nights or 7, so it is often more cost effective to extend a visit by a few days, if at all possible.

If you haven't already done so, you could also compare prices with Easyjet, but I have yet to find any dates where they beat Flyglobespan.

If you have already booked, why do you ask ? Are you hoping to have more family join you out there ?

Thanks David. Yes I do fly from Glasgow. Was looking to book similar 4 day break end of March or April (booked for end of Oct). Have already priced with Flyglobespan to either Dynastic or Benidorm Flamingo, was just wondering if anyone knew of any cheaper agents. End of April coming in slightly cheaper that end of March. Wonder when Easter is next year and if higher price at end of March is because of Easter. Was disappointed to see that Flyglobespan are no longer offering Flamingo Oasis, wonder why (??)
We enjoyed our holiday last week to Beni so much that my hubbie and I are thinking of slipping away without the kids for 3 nights on August 23rd - 26th.

We'd like to self cater if possible as we went AI recently and saw loads of lovely looking restaurants that we'd like to try.

Does anyone know of any deals around at the moment or cheap flights? Preferably from Cardiff or Bristol.

Any help appreciated x
Hi Fitzmum, you could try skyscanner, and then wintersunshineholidays for the accomodation. Good luck with your search, Linda.
Hi all,

So enjoyed our holiday to Benidorm in July that my hubbie & I would like to escape without the little darlings for 3 nights. Trouble is we have a very small window of opportunity - the dates being leaving Cardiff / Bristol on 24th / 25th August ( I know Bank Hol weekend!!)

All I can find is through Portland to the regente but its a whopping £340 EACH for 3 nights.

Does anyone think that this price will drop if I wait until closer to the time or do holidays like this generally stay highly priced..

Cheers x
so your doing it diy i take it.? your still looking at £300.00 with booking direct to hotels.its the busy month.the price with not drop.

max 4 days

http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/special_offers.htm
A friend of mine is 50 next year (early June) and we have decided to go to Benidorm for a few days. Ideally we will travel on a Friday and return on the following Tuesday. Getting flights is no problem, but we can't find accommodation that is cheap and cheerful. Looking for a 2 or 3 star sc, for 8 sharing. The standard doesn't have to be brilliant as we are all blokes going for a few beers in the sun and only really need somewhere to kip and shower. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi micknmill, just had a quick look at wintersunshineholidays and they have accommodation for 4 bed rooms starting from £115 per room for 4 nights, so that would be from £230 total cost of rooms. Levante area was coming up at £120 per room. Hope this helps, Linda.

http://www.wsh.com
Hi Micknmill
I came back from a 4 night break in benidorm last week. We stayed at La Perla Hotel. It cost me £103 for 3 of us B&B. It's bang smack in the middle of everything with a nice bar where you can sit out side & watch everyone go by. It's spotlessly clean and really friendly.
I'm not sure when you start making bookings for it, it closes down for the winter.
Hope you get a good bargain. :)
Hi MicknMill, Travel Republic have 2x1 bedroomed apartments from Fri-Tues at the beginning of June for only £307.60 total cost for 8 which works out at only £38.00 each for your entire stay. They are the Palm Court apartments which are quite close to the square. My brother-in-law has stayed there for the last 2 years with "The boys" and says that it's a good base.
Other good sites for accomodation are http://www.wsh.co.uk Alpha Rooms, Go2spain, benidorm-apartments.co.uk sun4udirect and holidayroomsdirect.com

Thanks for your help people. We'll look into all your suggestions.
Mick
We've booked the Palm Court appts - thanks for that Sue. Just one more question. There are 8 of us travelling together. What's the best way of getting there from the airport - i.e is it worth booking a mini bus or just grab a couple of cabs. We are assuming a cab will be about 50 Euros each way.
Thanks,
Mick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.