General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
No, I don't see the point, unless I feel particularly grubby but even then I don't really care. Lol. I'll be plastering suntan lotion on anyway, will be sweating and will be in the pool not long after breakfast so it doesn't make sense to me.
There will be no water left with all these showers going on through the day :really
I shower in the evening before getting ready to go out, can't see the point of having one in the morning what with getting all creamed up and feeling hot and bothered as soon as you step outdoors.....Caz
Actually that's a good point Caz :think ...........most of these places are HOT.........therefore likelihood of water shortages............. So excessive showering/laundering is definitely not eco-friendly!!
I tend to shower before going out in the evenings but if I do have a shower in the morning /afternoon I don't wash my hair that is far to much effort.
I always shower as it is part of my routine and it wakes me up properly. Plus if I am putting on clean clothes then it is right to shower.
yes , shower before i go down to the pool or out for the day as others have said to get rid of the perfume and aftersun body creams from the night before , it might just be me but i think that way i am preventing prickly heat by not putting more creams on top of old creams , and clogging up the pores, i also step under the shower beofre entering and coming out of the pool before i put more suncream on .

That's why I shower in the morning Llindy ;)
Don't shower in the morning, can't see the point when I will be in the water (sea or pool) within the hour! Always in the evening before we go out to get all the suncream off us. I thought last holiday when I used deet somentimes of an evening, I would shower after a night out (deet can rot some fibres I believe) but after a few drinks the shower was forgotten!! Never had a problem in the sun with all these mozzies sprays on either!
I just put my bikini straight on as soon as I wake at about 6am for for towel run . Yep I'm a dity mare too Helen . :rofl . i just jump in the pool at the earliest opportunity

Actually I don't like showers anyway and always have a bath of an evening . Not always possible on holiday so I tend to have to put up with a shower before we go out of an evening . I usually throw my bikinis in the bottom of the shower tray at this point so they get a good wash too. :tup
My bikinis get the same treatment too Lyn. Washed, conditioned and hung out ready for the next glorious day!
Aye, I'm with the dirty moo's brigade, only shower in the evening after a hard day of doing nowt :rofl mind you, I always like to get clean as soon as I get to me apartment after the flight, always feel a tad grubby after the journey :tup
I shower morning and evening same in this country. I enjoy m showers cos I love my molton brown locitanne and elemis plus its easier to wash makeup off. I'd just feel dirty otherwise and like to feel clean and fresh. :)
Ah yes that's a really horrible sweaty feeling juby , that evening of arrival. Yuk
mari

Ditto...i make the most of it whilst away..shower 1st thing, bath at night before i head out for the evening...i love my baths whlist away as we dont have one at home we have a wet room with a humongus shower...so baths away are a luxury for me...i couldnt bear not having a shower 1st thing as I know that if you dont wash off the nights perfume /aftersun / moistiriser you wont get a tan...it blocks the sun...and attracts the pesky mossies... :D
I agree I feel disgusting when Ive travelled on my flight to the resort, sweaty and horrid when you have sat in a airport for 2 plus hours and sat on a plane for 3 hrs plus even though ive had a shower before we head onto manchester airport..so i also have a quick shower before changin into my bikini / shorts flip flops..
evening of arrival after a long days travel means either straight in the shower..or if feeling scruffy, straight to the bar..then in the showers...

I say I like to shower in the morning..but if we have not long to get up and then dive, it will be a quick brush of teeth and splash of cold water in various places..after all, i will be getting dunked in the sea!
Dont have any creams and stuff on as it makes your mask slip..
It is a bleddy good job these hot countries have their water supplies down to a tee isn't it, with all these showers going on.
kazza36 wrote:
mari

Ditto...i make the most of it whilst away..shower 1st thing, bath at night before i head out for the evening...i love my baths whlist away as we dont have one at home we have a wet room with a humongus shower...so baths away are a luxury for me...i couldnt bear not having a shower 1st thing as I know that if you dont wash off the nights perfume /aftersun / moistiriser you wont get a tan...it blocks the sun...and attracts the pesky mossies... :D

:rofl Never heard that before - perfume, aftersun and moisturiser blocking the sun!
SandC wrote:
It is a bleddy good job these hot countries have their water supplies down to a tee isn't it, with all these showers going on.
kazza36 wrote:
mari

:rofl Never heard that before - perfume, aftersun and moisturiser blocking the sun!

Wow and to think all these years I have been sun cream to keep the sun when all I needed was a spray of perfume :rofl
Never heard that before - perfume, aftersun and moisturiser blocking the sun!

Neither have I, but I do shower of a morning to get rid of all the above before putting the suncream on because I was advised by my dermatologist that creams are most effective when put on to clean skin - it helps your skin absorb them better. Said that this applied to ordinary moisturisers and body lotions too, so I never ever use face creams even without thoroughly cleansing my face first. Thank heavens for facial cleansing wipes!

It's for this reason that he also recommended that where one was available that you should also have a quick rinse under a shower after a dip in the sea or pool before re-applying suncream.

When in Cuba I confess to showering up to 4 times a day! The combination of high humidity and doing so much dancing menas that I think it only fair to the rest of humanity - can't expect dance partners to be using 'ballroom' hold without ;)

Re the water issue - and one post-hurricane trip it was a big issue - the routine is to have the shower on just long enough to get wet, turn it off and lather up with shower gel or soap, turn it on to rinse off, turn it off and lather up hair with all-in-one shampoo, and finally turn it on again to rinse it all off! A bit of a faff but the alternative is to either remain hot and sweaty or else leave the host family short of water before the nest bowser comes around to top up the rook top tanks!

SM
guys

its does block ur skin from catchin some rays..and also you can get skin rashes etc..thats what ive been told..your sun lotion wont work properly...its doe stop me from tanning if I dont shower the nights stuff off..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.