General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Don''t worry Rachincov you are not alone, I don't sleep well the night before going on holiday, no matter what time of day the flight is next day, I usually fret a bit. I usually relax when I arrive at the airport and have checked in, the shoulders go down and can shill out and relax a bit. At the end of the month I am going away again, and have to leave home about 3.30 am so will be tired anyway.

I hope you enjoy your holiday sure you will, and you are not alone :cheers
I am exactly the same - don't sleep the night before, check everything at least 6 times and then again in the taxi! I don't relax at all until we are checked in and through security and then I start again when it is time to board!

Can you imagine how wound up I am by the time we leave home if we have a late flight?! I am not fit to live with!

Hope you enjoy your holiday - at least now you know that it is not just you. :cheers
I fly at 3.30am tmw from manchester - malaga so leave here at 3.15am but I wont sleep Im gunna try and get a couple of hrs, but know doubt Il be up watching BB, and ofcourse tonight we will be having wine and a takaway...BUT im very upset, as I have just found out, there are spanish air traffic control strike from 18th aug for 3 days, and I fly back the 19th,so not a happy bunny, I have work on the following monday...god knows what will happen...dreading it...
About 6 weeks before my abroad holiday is due, i wake up really early around 5ish and never get back to sleep.
I've been like this again for the last few weeks for the summer hols which are in England this time...mam says I was exactly the same as a kid, never grown out of it then :)
Many thanks for your replies, I'm glad it isn't just me who suffers pre-holiday jitters. ;)

Well I am all packed now apart from toiletries and have bought some Earplanes from Boots for the plane. Just got to update my MP3 player and de fuzz myself today and I am ready for my holiday! :cheers
I am exactly the same, 6 weeks before i go away i wake up at 6.00am and cant get back to sleep, this is mainly at weekends so by the time monday morning comes i am exhausted for work :)
I am off for the school holidays but some mornings I have been up and pottering about at 6.30am :que
My mind is working overtime during the day trying to remember things I need to do so writing things down as I remember them, oh well only 3 more sleeps and it is Cyprus here we come. :sun2
Irene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.