Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Snorkeling
16 Posts
In my opinion, you cannot beat Cape Greko for snorkelling in that area...
is there boat trips/trips out to there that let you go snorkeling??
Yes Les, you can book them from pretty much any of the tour shops. They all do swim stops at Greko - well, most of them do.
Where are you staying?
brilliant appartments from 22nd august for 2 weeks

i'm a first timer to cyprus

thanks for the info
We were snorkelling last week. We were the other side of Cape Greko on the Raptor Sea Safari. All the other boats stop on the Protaras side of Cape Greko and you end up swimming with a couple of thousand people from all the boats.
We anchored in a large bay and we were the only boat there. The water was calm & crystal clear and we were given bread to feed the fish (plus masks & Snorkels) Loads of fish came around us, small black ones and some fairly large grey mullet!
I also went snorkelling around the fishing harbour at Ayia Triada but only saw tiddlers!
We are first timers next year staying at the Rising Star in protaras. What is it like for snorkelling there please?
Hi Caz,

Me again! :D

The water is clear all along the coast around Protaras and there are plenty of rocky areas to snorkell around either side of the main beach. Not many fish to see though!! Be careful if you swim outside the designated swimming areas as boats and Jet ski's come in fairly close and fast!

Braveheart
hi...right i'm going to try and start asking a few questions about my first holiday to pafos.

for the last three years we have been going to the red sea in sharm....so this is going to be a very different holiday for us!

we are going on the 16th september..is it worth taking our snorkeling gear going that time of year??

how cold will the sea be??

and if we take our stuff where are the best places...near to pafos...to snorkel??

thankyou for any help.

medot.xx
The sea should still be warm in September.

It is still hot in Cyprus in September and the sea will have been nicely warmed up all summer.

There is a lovely little cove near Aphrodite's Baths (appx. 30 min drive from Paphos town) which is great for snorkelling but you would need a car to get there.

There will be other places nearer to Paphos but I haven't snorkelled there so I don't know them.

Also, I was told on another forum that undersea walkers has moved to Paphos now near the Elysium hotel.

Viv
(sorry can't resist)

which is the best area around protaras to go snorkeling??

The Sea !!

:lol:
why has no one said fig tree bay??? we loved snorkelling there we saw allsorts of fish and if you panic (my husband) you can stand on the rocks and the sand in some places so its good if your new to it. a couple of times we have seen octopus tentacles amongst the rocks and the colours of some of the fish are amazing.
can you tell me exactely where fig tree bay is...thankyou..x
it is bang in the middle of protaras and you need to get there early to get a bed as it gets filled up quite quickly.
As there are many rocky stretches, the water is crystal clear and warm, snorkeling is very good all around Protaras.

Maybe Cape greko is the best, but it gets very congested, so I suggest a bit early in the morning or late in the afternoon.

This is not the red sea with its exotic fishes, yet, there are a number of species to see.

Bye
Why stop at snorkling??
For the last three years my son an i have been skuba diving at th Taba Dive centre (the best in Cyprus!!) it is located beside the Hotel Pernera Beach at Protaras. It is a PADI 5* dive centre that will teach from beginners to experts, and it's great fun.
If anyone wants a contact no. for Steve at Taba, you can PM me.

Regards, Julian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.