Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sol magaluf park
13 Posts
Hi Liz

What time of year are you going to Magalluf Park?

At the moment there is some building work going on next door to it, and apparently they've taken the opportunity to refurbish 3 of the floors, and I'd heard that it's been downgraded a star whilst this work goes on.

However, this work is likely to finish within a few weeks, and to be honest there isn't a lot of choice of hotels in Magalluf at the moment, so the MP is as good as, if not better than most of the others that are open in that area.

Some friends stayed there last week, and are coming back again next week, so it isn't too bad!

Cheers

Adam
Thanks Goodfellow
We are not going till end Aug, we are doing a cruise/stay and this is the hotel we will be staying at.

We have been to Magaluf before but it was 1996 has lots changed since then?

Wheres the best bars restraunts etc to visit?
We are half board so hopefully the food will be ok and we wont need the restraunts but in my experiance they are usually not up to much.

I`m really looking forward to going back for a holiday in Magaluf and prefered it more than Alcudia we went there in 2000.

Thanks again for your reply and any hints/tips to make it a better holiday would be great, we are going with 4 young adults (age between 15-21) and also age groups (35-39) so need lively bars etc would be great.

Liz.
Click Here For our reviews of this hotel.
Hi Liz I`m going in April to the Magaluf Park if there`s anything you want to know about the hotel let me know and I willl find out whilst there.

Adam have you any idea which floors there refurbishing?

ps. the location is very good 5 mins to Magaluf beach and only a 10 min walk on the back road to Palma Nova.
Thanks both of you
I am looking forward to going to magaluf again after 11 years but its been hard picturing where abouts everything is, We stayed in the Sol Guadaloupe last time which is at the opposite far end to Palma Nova/start of Magaluf.
Any help advice would be great, could you find out if there are hairdryers in the rooms please?
Thanks again Liz.
Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Liz - there's hundreds of bars and restaurants, all of which will be open at the time you visit. MP Hotel is convenient for either Palma Nova, which is a little more sedate and laid back, or the Hill (Punta Belena) which is manic, or "downtown" Magalluf which is similar to Palma Nova, with perhaps a bit more choice, and a bit livlier without being too rowdy.

You really do have a good choice, and part of the fun of a holiday is finding a bar or restaurant that you have discovered yourselves - anything I say might be regarded as biased!!!

Christine - I don't know which floors are being re-furbished - sorry.

If all else fails, and you're desperate, you could always pop in and say hello :roll:

Cheers

Adam
Thanks Adam
Will call in to your bar, I believe its free shots if we mention this site!
Glad we booked it now, just seems so long away, its just under 7 months now, can`t wait.
Cheers
Liz.
hi liz, just come back from the magaluf park and it is the first 3 floors that are closed. they are having air con installed i was told from the staff there. cheers
Thanks for that I hope they are installing air Conditioning as it does make a lot of differance to a good or bad nights sleep.
i'm off there on April 16th for a midweek break
do you think the work will be well finished by then?
hi, not sure but we are stopping in that hotel 26th of feb for 9 days and will see how far they are on with the work then. but it does not affect the rest of the floors and we never heard any noise from the work men. cheers libby
27 weeks to go and counting....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.