Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think it is quite peaceful. We were in Gumbet ( a long time ago now) and I remember it being small and with a nice beach.It looked a pretty place. I''m sure it's bigger now but still quiet. I would think an apartment would be better as it will give you the option of eating in if you can't be bothered going out some nights. Main eating area is along the beach front so I would think you would need somewhere close by so that you would feel a bit more secure walking back at night.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the place than I have can give you some more specific information.
We haven't been to Bitez for about 3 years but some hotels to check out May be Small World and Orion. They are almost next door to each other and just back from the beach. We have stayed in both in the past.

The 'promenade' is a lot busier than it was when we first went but is a great place to sit and people watch in an evening.

Have you considered Bodrum? Busier than Bitez of course, but may be worth considering.
Thank you for the suggestions. I hadn't considered bodrum but I will have a look. :)
I have decided that bitez is definitely the place for me. Just got to decide where to stay. Lots of the hotels look really nice. Not sure whether to book it as a package or try DIY. Have to work out which is cheaper.
Also you may be able to book a hotel where you only pay on departure. If you don't like somewhere it is easier then to move.
I stayed in Basri apartments on my own some years ago and they are very nice.
I would love to go back to the Manuela Hotel. Stayed there several times, and they always have a warm welcome.

If I did go back it would have to be on my own this time, Mike is no longer with us. :cry

Happy memories. :sun2

Marn.
hi Marn
When I saw your name online I recognised it from a few years back. Sorry to hear your news :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.