Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
The 20th is the day of Saint Sebastian, the patron saint of Palma. It's a grand occasion. Loads of people come in for it from across the island. And fireworks, yes.

Palma, on balance, might be better for staying, though others can hopefully suggest a hotel or two.

The train does run, but I seem to think I read that it is currently out of commission for some maintenance. Don't know till when. Maybe someone else has more firm news.
Thanks Andrew :)

Much appreciated xxxx
The Train will not run between 10/12/07 and 31/01/08 for track maintenance.

Have a look on the website Ferrocarril Soller.

The cheapest hotels are to be found in Can Pastilla which is convenient for Palma, buses run all the time. for about a euro.

Have a great time

Dave :wink:
hi 8)

I can recommend the Hostal Brondo, which is in Palma city centre
http://www.hostalbrondo.net/

I haven't written my review yet but we stayed there a few weeks back for 4 days. It is convenient for all city ammenities, and the owner is lovely 8)
Thanks everyone for all your replies :)

For anyone that might be interested Ryanair have flights from Liverpool to palma around the middle of January for 1p!!!! Works out at £20 p.p. return with taxes!!!!!
Can recommend the Son Matias beach Hotel in palma Nova, great hotel with the best staff and lovely food. Fantastic position with great seaviews from all rooms. Not cheap but if it's a special occasion perfect. Have a lovely time!
Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.