Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I can't tell you how much I spent per day last December as I try not to think too much about it. But, I was surprised about how cheap meals were. You will have to check the exchange rate but a meal (without drinks) at a fairly posh hotel / restaurant was 300 - 400 Rs. If you like seafood you are in the right country. If you like slightly sweet but spicy seafood you are in heaven!
Thanks for that Tedster, It was taking so long to get a reply I thought nobody had ever been to Sri Lanker, checking the exchange rate which is 191R to £1 that makes a meal about £2.00 which is great, and yes I love fish and spicy food so thats good. Still don't know if were goigng or not yet, so trying not to get excited, but will know next week, it's all down to if my daughters client wants her to go.
Thanks agian :wave:
Bobby
The best thing is the cost of drinks. Pint of cool refreshing lager 50 - 80. With a bowl of Devilled Cashew nuts 80 - 100 rupees. Enjoy!
If you put Sri +Lanka into the Search facility and choose Topic Titles Only there are 34 results of previous topics.

luci :wave
Hi luci,

Thanks for that, but I must be thick, :( I logged in and went to serach and put Sri + Lanker in the top part and chose Topic Titles Only on the left, but I only seem to get my own post, what am I doing wrong? Thanks
Probably spelling it wrong if that's what you put in. It's Sri +Lanka not Lanker. ;)

luci :wave
Hi there, have our dates now, 2nd November for two week in Sri Lanka, we will be staying in Colombo 3 days either side of a week spent in south side at one of beaches (not sure where yet). As my daughter will working in Colombo while she is there, I am having a driver for the middle day of each three days, can anyone suggest what to see on those day, that is close enough for a day trip from Colombo, and can anyone tell what to expect weather wise. Thanks in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.