Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Nigel,

There are two beaches on your way down to St Pauls bay. The first one drops off sharply to the left as you're walking down the road. It's a rocky beach with no sun loungers (very rustic though and not usually full of other tourists). The other beach is slightly larger and primarily sandy with sun loungers etc. There is also a nice little cafe on the left hand side to get a salad or a sandwich and the obligatory bottles of water. It's personal choice really, I go to both. The snorkelling is excellent at either.

I'd also recommend a trip to the main beach and a meal in 'dolphins'. The owner, Mikalis, is an absolutely top chap and he does a fantastic seafood platter. As an aside, he also owns the pizza place in the main square and Byzantinos the wine bar in the main street. Byzantinos is definitely worth spending an evening in if like me, you like good wine.

You'll find that all the bar owners are extremely friendly, another one of our personal faves is the 'Socrates' bar. Great music and atmosphere.

A good website to check out prior to going is Stephen Lyon's www.lindoseye.com, he, like me is a Lindos devotee and you'll find loads of information there.

If you need anything else, just drop me an e-mail and i'll gladly give you any advice.

Cheers,
Phil
  • Edited by PhilH 2007-01-02 14:41:15
Just in case you're interested, some of my photos from last years holiday there: http://www.philh.co.uk/gallery
Thanks phil, thats been a great help, we will try to take in, the places you mentioned, just one quickie, will we need air con in the middle of may, cheers mate.
sorry that was will we need air con in the middle of may cheers.
Sorry to jump in but i'd say no need for air conditioning in May. Nights are generally nice and warm but not uncomfortably so. :D
its an old photo, but it shows the two beaches:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/hvente/stpaulsbaybeaches.jpg
thanks hewy, i have got the snorkel and mask at the ready for may.
I probably would get Air con but then I find it quite difficult to sleep if it's hotter than anything about an average UK summer.

Depending on where you stay, the apartment will either have no aircon at all, air con available FOC or air con available on a payment basis. If it's chargeable, you can always take a decision when you get there. :)
didn't know c o n was a swear word ;)
Phill we are staying at the lambis studios, the one with the pool, we will indeed review the situation when we get to rhodes, as most of you know air conditioning is not cheap in most of these places, cheers.
Phil have stopped on a few islands including Rhodes Lindos in May and all I can say is marcuschap has far thicker blood than me because I usually throw a blanket on the bed in May,let alone think about airconditioning.
Usually stay in Lindos end of August and believe me you need it then.
Rick.
nigel m
sorry to but in, but just wanted to say you will have a great time. the Lambis studios are great we stayed in them last year. We went in september for my sisters wedding (she got married at the chapel at st pauls bay) and we needed the air con it cost us 50 euros a week.
thanks sunlover, we hope so, i mugged up high and low on places to stay in lindos, and the lambis got very good reviews on many sites on the internet, me and sandra cant wait untill may, never mind it will soon be here , cheers for all of your help folks.
Have to endorse the recommendation for Socrates bar great music and atmosphere!
That photo was the view fron our balcony when we stayed in Lindos for a couple of nights last year!
Dot
Bah! If only we were going back this year. Still, I suppose we could book a late deal at some point.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.