Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
welcome to the Greek forums of HT

have you taken a look at the members resort reports
yet??

yasus
wizard
Hey,

My wife and I are also first timers to Lindos on the first week of September so someone more knowledgeable that me will probably be along shortly to help out I have read through a lot of the topics in the forum and the resort reports and they have been great in recommending restaurants etc.

We intend to hire a car for a day or two and explore the Island and I think a visit to Rhodes Old Town is a must although one of the reasons for choosing Lindos is that we probably won't want to go too far as its beautiful.

Temperature I believe should be early 30's or very late 20's and Lindos appears to be one of the hotter town on the Island due to its location.

Hope you have a great holiday and maybe see you in Lindos some evening!

Darren
Hi beachdrifter
We'll be neighbours then we're staying at the philipos studios which are virtually next to each
other the apartments are opposite the town hall and are the last lot of apartments before you
come to st pauls bay had a quick look last year seem fairly modern and clean and it seems nice
and quiet round there it's also right by the new ampitheatre and around the time we're there they
have something going on there not sure exactly what night though.
Rick.
Hi Darren/Juggernaut,

Don't exect it to be bad at all, but somehow you have to ask. Not heard anything bad about the place just trying to find out if I got the upstairs apartment, hope so. meant to be great views but if not, well still be a good week!

Dare say we may bump into each other in bar one night.

I'm the Phil Mitchell lookalike ;-)
Cheers lads
Hey chaps,
I am sure you will all love rhodes and the trip to rhodes city is a must. We did an organised excursion last year which was fantastic. It is like stepping back in time. The island isnt all that big so for those of you hiring a car which we are this year there are loads of places to visit whether it is off the beaten track or touristy.
If use are in your apartments on the 8 sept at 7pm take a look over at the chapel at St pauls bay and you we see my wedding!
Hope you all have a fantastic holiday. :cheers
Bubs, I'll be there that day so I'll nake sure I'll raise a glass to you!!

Congratulation and I hope it all goes well

Beachdrifter
My sisters boyfriend runs the bar/sandwich place on the small beach at Lindos so call in and say Hi to Steve!
Hi Beachdrifter, my niece flew out yesterday and is staying in the same studios you ask about, so will give you her feedback next week.
I and my family are flying out on sept 6 to stay at Pefkos, flight is 1940 from LGW, anyne else on that flight??
Phyll x
Hi

I hope your neice has a good time, and it will be good to know what it's like.

BUT please, I don't think it will, but if it's not as I imagine please be conservative with the report ;)
Hi again Beachdrifter
Well my niece has returned from a great hol , i havent actually spoken to her but will see her on thursday as we work together, i will get the full info for you then :D
Phyll
Hi Beachdrifter again :D
Well it really sounds as if your holiday will be good. My niece absolutely loved the studios, clean and in a superb position.
So have a great time, what day do you actually fly out as a matter of interest ?
Phyll
EXCELLENT!!!

I checked yesterday and when there was no reply I thought that's too conservative with the truth ;)

I'm glad your neice had a good time, I fly out 3/9/08.

Any other info she can or anybody else provide would be appreciated.
Well Beachdrifter i wish i could give you more info but my niece is a bit of a lush!! so apart from lovely food , hot hot hot weather and the studios as mentioned i think the rest was "purple haze"!!
Phyll
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.