Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Can't tell you what the weather will be like in November - September is the latest we've been to Malta - but we've stayed at the Gillieru a few times and can highly recommend the restaurant located right across the road from the hotel - the name escapes me, but the food is fab. Either get there early or pre-book as the restaurant is very popular with locals. Another fab restaurant is "Nostalgia" which is is Mosta Road (take the road opposite the hotel and walk to the top - it's right across the road). Again, local food (rabbit and fish) as well as gorgeous steaks.

We also tried a restaurant in Bugibba/Qawra called Incognito - will try and remember to look up the details tonight.

We haven't tried the Gillieru Fish restaurant itself, but other residents in the hotel had and said the restaurant across the road was better!
Many thanks - but will have to stop thinking about rabbit being a local dish otherwise I'll only start crying!
Must agree with Linnyann, the restaurant directly opposite is excellent both the food and service. It is called Da Rosita. Unfortunately, we did not visit until our last night but it will be first on our list next time.

We have been to the Fish Restaurant many times but it has gone slightly down hill over the years. One of the best things about it is the outside tables on a summer evening - there is no better location in the area. They used to have a guitarist or a pianist playing in the evenings at weekend which added to the ambiance.

We also enjoyed Nostalgia which is just up the road from the Gillieru. There is also a newer restaurant which you can see from the front steps of the Gillieru. It is up a slight hill to the right. I think it is called Don something. We we went there three times - the first two were absolutely excellent - the food was superb but on the third occassion it was a very busy Saturday night and we walked out after our starters because the service was so appalling. It was such a shame because the food was good.

Must do for me would be a trip to Gozo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.