Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi Mary,
I've just returned from a 3 week long Eurocamp holiday in france, the last two days of which we spent at Chateau Lez Eaux: St Pair-Sur-Mer, Normandy. Although we were only there for a couple of days I can highly recommend it. We stayed in Canvas accomadation and it seemed that most of the pitches around ours were used for people like ourselves, who were stopping over on route to the ferry terminal (Cherbourg and Caern around 90 mins drive). The facilities were great, the childrens park was Ideal for kids in the 5-14 age group, the Eurocamp/Keycamp Childrens couriers were very good and there was always a lot of activities and play sessions for the children. The site itself is owned by the Castels group, and having stayed at other Castels sites I can say that they have a reputation of having well looked after sites. The Toilet, shower, laundery facilities were immaculate, amongst the best we have come across whilst travelling in France, and the Bar, Shop and take-away are conviniently placed together. The outside pool is heated, but a little on the small side whilst the indoor Aqua-center area has a small splash pool for younger children and 4 very impressive water slides that kids of all ages will love (including Dad!), however the site does have strict rules on No Shorts only Speedo style trunks or trunk shorts for the boys (including Dad!). The Weather was fantastic for the short time we were there, and this always leaves a lasting impression wherever you go, but I can honestly say that staying here was one of the highlights of our holiday. The camp staff were extremely friendly and polite and the whole atmosphere was very welcoming (they even had camp barrier keypads on the right hand side of the road aswell as the left to accomadate us brits- the first time ever I've seen this in France). The highlite for me was being able to relax on a lovely sunny morning, fishing on the camp lake whilst watching my children play happily in the park only yards away.
P.s. there is a Lerclerc Hypermarket about 500 yards from the entrance to the site and the costal towns of st. par-sur-mer and Granville are within easy driving distance (although as we were only stopping over we never ventured that far, and the fishing was that good I didn't want to!).
Hope this helps.
Lee.
Fantastic - just what I wanted to hear.
Which other sites did you stay on?
This year we took the Poole-Cherbourg crosssing and travelled down to the Vendee, to stop at La Garangoire (Castels site at St-Julien-des-Landes) for a week, we then moved on to the Gironde (the costal region around Bordeux) to stay at La Cigale (Ares, Basin de Arcachon) for a week, we then stopped at Camping Interlude on the Island of Ile-de-Re for 5 days and finished off with a 2 night stop-over on the way home at Lez Eux (St-pair-sur-mer).
A lot of driving but well worth it!.
Last year we stayed for two weeks at La Yole near St. Jean-de-Mont (Vendee), with stop overs in Normandy at La Brevedent (Pont L'Eveque) and La Vallee (Houlgate).
Hi'

We also spent 3 weeks at Chateau les Eaux in May/June and had a very relaxing time there, the INTERMARCHE supermarket is very handy for the site and there are several others within about 10 mins drive. The only thing the site lacks is a restaurant.
The supermarket does lunches and there is the Bar of the Chateau at Pierre Langers which is only open from 12 to 1-30 lunchtimes and does a very nice 'plat du jour' for 9-50 euros inc. wine.

Going back for 3 more weeks next May.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.