Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
There is an interesting detail lost in the middle of the article. Jet2 did not file a defence within the time limit (I think it's 14 days) of receiving the court papers. Under the small claims court rules this automatically makes them liable. Regular readers of the Tour Ops pages will realise that leaving replies for 14 days is a standard industry practise seemingly designed to wear down the punters, only this time it seems to have misfired. So the Hills have managed to set legal precedent partly through the bungling of Jet2's office staff. And not only will this come back to haunt Jet2, it will also apply to other companies as well. Someone is going to get sacked and won't get many job offers elsewhere in the industry!!

Happy Christmas Mrs Hill, you've done a lot of people a big favour!
Sorry, County Court cases, especially uncontested ones dont set a legal precedent. It has to be at a much higher court and by way of what is called `Case Stated`. Whilst this ruling can be quoted at other County Courts, they are not obliged to take any heed of it......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.