Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Don't know the exact cost but it's pennies and you take a chance, sometimes they get home before you return, sometimes they don't :)
I have seen postcards take 3 weeks to arrive after I have returned from Turkey, Tip, Buy your stamp in Turkey and write your postcard out then when your home stick it in the postbox in the Uk and it will arrive the next day to it's destination.
It's interesting that you mentioned giving it to the hotel reception. We stayed at a hotel in Turkey where you bought the cards from them and then gave them the money for the stamp and they said they'd buy the stamps and post them. Well surprise, surprise none of the cards ever reached their destination. Those receptionists were onto a nice little earner.
Thanks for your replies ..... but it doesn't really answer my question!! I want to buy stamps there and post my cards in a post box - I'm only there for a day. It's no good you suggesting that I put them into a UK post box, because I live in France !!!! - but you weren't to know!!

PLEASE someone, HOW MANY YTL for a stamp??????
Stamps are the same price as the postcards are, 5 for 1 lira well that was the last time I purchased them years ago, Might be more expensive now, Let's face it you arent going to need a loan from the bank to send them :D If no one comes forward with the current price pm me anytime from the 5th October to the 12th October as I will be in Turkey and ask the current price for you.
Thanks, but I leave home on 26 September. Have a great holiday!
Stamps are very cheap, sorry I can't answer precisley but I don't send postcards, they are just loose change though, probably not even 1ytl
Might reach destination quicker if postcards are put into an envelope! ;)
It cost YTL 0.70 last year. Didn't send any this year, but presume it will be the same or a little more, if that's any help!
Thanks Mehmeh - I've had a look at the Turkish Post Office site ......... 65c for EEC cards and 80c for elsewhere - IF KKTC means EEC! (My turkish is not so hot!!!)

THANKS FOLKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.